Chapter 14

Ariana laid in bed later that evening as she tried to wrap her mind around the fact that it wasn't a dream or something conjured up by her imagination. What had happened in his office earlier that day was real. It had happened. Mr. Black had touched her the way he did.

Damn!

Ariana shut her eyes and the memory and feel of his lips on her nape. She shook the thought out of her head before it could take root there. She tried to avoid him the rest of the day knowing it was what was best for both of them. The thing between them, whatever it was, couldn't be controlled and it was dangerous for her.

The fear that she'd felt at that moment when she found herself sinking into the feeling of what he was doing to her in his office caught her off guard and she didn't want to feel that fear again. One second, she was mad and the next her heart was about to jump out of her chest.

The last time she'd been in his office, her imagination had run wild and that was nothing compared to what had happened, the real thing. It was like she'd been given a shot of adrenaline.

Ugh. How do I get myself to stop thinking about this?
Ariana turned in her bed for the umpteenth time that night.

There was no training on how to fight things like this. All she knew about it was that it made her feel weak and not in control. She didn't like that one bit. Her kind of job had no room for mistakes which and she couldn't afford to make one which was what would happen if she lost control.

One slip up and you're as good as dead.

She needed to stay focused, to get her head straight. There was only one way she knew how to do that.

Ariana pushed the blanket off and got out of bed. She took off her sweats and pulled on her gym gear of a sports bra and yoga pants. She wore a loose t-shirt over it before slipping on her biker's jacket. She grabbed her keys and made her way out of the room.

Ariana walked through the dark living room, heading towards the door when she noticed a movement outside and stopped. It was a second till she realized it was just Jace in the pool swimming back and forth. She quickly made her way out of the house before he saw her.

Ariana got on her bike and turned on the engine just at the same time the lights in the living area turned on. She pulled her helmet on and revved out of there.

Jace stepped out of the house and frowned as he watched Ariana's bike disappear down the driveway heading towards the gate. He wondered where she was going so late in the evening.

Ariana arrived at her destination half an hour later. She took off her helmet and hopped off her bike. She walked down the dark alley and took a left down the narrow stairs, her helmet hooked to her side with her arm over it and her key in her other.

She walked down the stairs and felt the back of her hair stand. She stopped and turned around to see if someone was behind her but there was no one. After getting the letter that threatened her, she'd been extra careful when she went out on her own. Ariana ignored the feeling and made her way down the stairs.

Arriving in front of a steel door, she banged it thrice and a small opening on the door slid open. She smiled at whoever's eyes were glaring at her through the opening before the door was pulled open for her.

"Been a while since you came down here."

"Been busy." Ariana stepped inside and the door shut behind her, "Who's up?"

"Drago."

"Been meaning to get into one with him."

He smiled,
"I'll be in the frontline cheering you on," He said, "Would love to see the look on his face when you take him."