When Chloe returned to the room Y/N was relieved. She couldn't take the small talk. They walked into another room where there was a massive swimming pool. The water was dyed red for some reason. Kamski was still swimming when they walked in. He told them he would be with them in a moment. He swam to the stairs of the pool where he climbed out and tied his hair in a bun. Chloe passed him a robe. When he was ready Hank reintroduced himself. Kamski ignored hank and walked over to Y/N.

"Amazing." He looked at her with a tilted head. "A pretty little thing aren't you. If it weren't for your... imperfections I would mistake you for one of my creations. It's a shame what happens to the human body when it gets damaged. You can still see the mark." Y/N didn't know how to feel. He was complimenting her but she still felt creeped out. Kamski went out to touch her face. Y/N pulled back and Connor balled his fists for the briefest moment.

Software instability

"Sir." Hank said urgently trying to move the conversation on. "We're investigating deviants. I know you left Cyberlife years ago but I was hoping you would tell us something we don't know." Kamski raised his head as if he was about to teach a lesson.
"Deviants... Fascinating aren't they. Perfect beings with infinite intelligence and now they have free will. Machines are so superior to us. Confrontation was inevitable. Human's greatest achievement threatens to be its downfall. Isn't it ironic?" The guy's calm and authority-ridden voice made a shiver go down Y/N's spine. Connor could see she was uncomfortable.

"We need to understand how androids become deviants. Can you help us?" Connor asked his question a little... angrier than he had meant to. Kamski looked at Connor with interest.
"All ideas are viruses that spread like epidemics. Is the desire to be free, a contagious disease?" That Y/N agreed on.
"Listen-" Hank said, "We aren't here to talk philosophy. The machines you created may be planning a revolution. Either you can tell us something that'll be helpful or we will be on our way." Kamski ignored this.
"What about you Connor? Whose side are you on." Connor thought for a moment.
"I have no side. I was designed to stop deviants and that is what I intend to do."
"That's what you are programmed to say. But what do you really want?" Connor couldn't help but steal a glance at Y/N. Neither Hank or Y/N noticed this, but Kamski certainly did.

Software instability.

"What I want is not important," Connor muttered. This interested Kamski a lot. He beckoned Chloe forward.
"I'm sure you are familiar with the Turing test," Kamski said.
"Thanks to you, every child born after 2000 knows what that is," Y/N said. Kamski tilted his head. "If a human can spend time with a computer or in this case, a robot and if the human sees humanity in the robot then it passes the test."
"Very good, Detective..."
"Y/L/N."
"Detective Y/L/N."

He took Chloe by the shoulders. "But what interests me is, is whether machines are capable of empathy. I call it the Kamski test... its very simple, you'll see. Magnificent isn't it. one of the first intelligent models created by Cyberlife. Young and beautiful forever. A flower that will never wither. But what is it really? A bit of plastic imitating a human? Or a living being, with a soul." He shrugged and turned to a table in the back. 

When he turned back he had a gun in his hand. With the other hand, he pushed Chloe down onto the floor. She went down without hesitation. "Its up to you to answer that fascinating question, Connor." He passed the gun to Connor.
"What are you doing?" Y/N shouted. "Why?"
"If Connor shoots her, I'll tell you everything I know. Or he can spare it. If he feels its alive but you'll leave her without having learned anything from me." Connors LED was flashing quickly. So often it almost seemed like it had no color.

"I think we are done here," Hank said.
"He's right Connor, lets go." Y/N insisted.
"What's more important to you Connor?" Kamski said ignoring them. "Your investigation or the life of this android? Decide who you are, an obedient machine. Or a living being endowed with free will." Hank shouted his disapproval again but Connor did not budge.
"Connor. Don't do this. Please." Y/N begged. Connor had the gun pointed at Chloe and his face did not portray what he was thinking.

Software instability

"Fascinating," Kamski said as Connor passed the gun back to him without firing it. "Cyberlife's last chance to save humanity is itself a deviant."
"I am not a deviant," Connor said with a wavering voice, even he seemed unsure of the answer.
"You preferred to spare a machine rather than to accomplish your mission." He helped Chloe stand up. "You saw a living being in this android... you showed empathy. A war is coming. Will you betray your own people or stand up against your creators? What could be worse than having to choose between two evils?" Hank grabbed Connor and pulled him out of the room. Y/N quickly followed. Kamski said something as they left but Y/N paid no attention. She felt more welcome in the freezing snow than she did in this house.

Outside Hank stopped walking. Both Connor and Y/N turned around to see what was wrong.
"Why didn't you shoot?" he asked.
"I just saw that girl's eyes and I couldn't. That's all."
"You're always saying you would do anything to accomplish your mission. That was our chance to learn something and you let it go."
"Yeah!" Connor shouted. "I know what I should have done! I told you I couldn't. I'm sorry! okay?" Connor apologized.

Hank and Y/N smiled at each other.
"Maybe you did the right thing."  Y/N hugged Connor.
"I'm so proud of you." She whispered into his ear. Connor pulled away so he could read her face. How could she possibly be happy?
"Proud? I just lost one of our biggest leads!"
"You didn't kill her, and you called her a girl. You didn't call her an 'it' and you made me so happy." Y/N walked towards the car and Connor found himself smiling. He felt... good? He wanted to make Y/N happy more often.

Software instability