Epilogue

First published: June 25th 2018
Last edited: 2nd March 2022

Words: 2229 

When the androids won their freedom people of Detroit were evacuated, but only if they wanted to be. Those who wanted to live side by side with the androids who occupied the city could. Of course, Hank and Y/N stayed. Why wouldn't they? Statistically speaking the number of people who left was about 2 thirds of the human population. Those who had been moved by Markus and truly believed that humans and androids could live together.
Connor had become one of the elected leaders for the androids. It was him of course who brought thousands of androids to save the day and ultimately win.

Connor knew they had only kissed one hour previously. The way she made him feel, he could feel a fire running through his blood. But he was worried that she didn't feel the same. The previous two times he had kissed her were in times of high emotion and adrenaline and he knew that humans were more prone to act irrationally in those circumstances. But Y/N quickly removed the thoughts of worry when she kissed him absent mindlessly 1 hour, 3 minutes, and 27 seconds after their second kiss. Yes, he had been counting. Once he knew she wanted to kiss him and hold him the same way he wanted to kiss and hold her, they very rarely stopped.

When Connor brought Y/N to meet Markus, Y/N was slightly shy. Markus shook her hand and smiled at the girl. She reminded him so much of Carl, his father figure. He understood why Connor would become deviant for a human-like her. Of course, not everyone liked Y/N. Both androids and humans had their 'reasons'. Androids weren't happy that she was a human. They had been hurt by humans in the past. Why would she be any different? But they trusted Connor. The humans hated the fact she would dare date an android. It was just too 'alien' for them to understand. Sure some of them had sex with the pleasure androids but they never loved them and anyone who saw Connor and Y/N together knew they were in love.

The first time Y/N invited him to sleep at her house... well, she would sleep and he would go on low power mode. He was nervous. He had seen Y/N in her pajamas before but that was before he was a deviant. Before he really understood his own emotions. When he arrived Y/N surprised him with his own pair of pajamas. It was the first gift he had ever received and he loved them. He loved Y/N. They were blue and had little paw prints on them. They reminded him of Sumo. 

Y/N, Hank and Connor continued being partners at the Detroit police. Chris, the Captain and a few others had stayed behind too. Gavin, much to the delight of most people, had left. He refused to work alongside androids and mumbled some profanities as he left the building. For a while the police station was understaffed. But more androids joined the force and they were welcomed with open arms. 

There were times the Captain threatened to separate Y/N and Connor. Put them on different shifts. Give them other partners when he found them together in places they shouldn't be.
"For fuck's sake! Not again!" He would shout as he opened a door the two of them thought they would be safe behind. Y/N made Connor promise that he would wait at least 3 hours after putting evidence in his mouth before kissing her. She made him promise that after an incident happened that nobody wants to talk about.

On the one-year anniversary of the revolution, a statue was raised in honor of the android leaders. A stone version of Markus, North, Josh, Simon, and Connor stood proudly in the center of Detroit. Where Markus had made his last speech. The sun hit the statue in the most beautiful way. The world would never forget what happened here.

It would be a lie to say the relationship between Y/N and Connor ran smoothly all the time. But perhaps those stories are for a later date. No relationship was perfect. But they often forgot and forgave when they realized they were miserable without each other. Once Hank even had to step in because the two of them were being "So Goddamned stupid."