I giggle at this and nod. Bryson offers to help me but I tell him that I think I can do it myself. Bryson reassures me that he will be outside the door and that if I need anything to just yell. I manage to wash my hair and body and wrap my self in a towel. I ask Bryson to hand me some clothes and he hands me underwear, pants, and a dress. I get dressed and leave the bathroom.

"You look beautiful." Bryson says.

"Thank you." I whisper and look down at the ground.

Bryson showers and dresses into shorts and a loose t-shirt before helping me comb my hair. I groan as he massages my head gently and I almost fall asleep. I lean back against Bryson once he finishes and I close my eyes.

"You can take a nap if you need to. I can tell everyone that you're too tired and need your rest." Bryson says from behind me.

"No, no. I want to meet everyone. I'm okay. I'll be sure to tell you if I get to tired and need to come upstairs." I reassure him. I stand up between his legs and lay my arms on his shoulders. "I promise." I hold up my pinky and Bryson laughs before intertwining our pinkies and pulling me into a kiss. We fall back onto the bed and I laugh between warm kisses.

"Let's go." Bryson says and lifts us up.

Butterflies are in my stomach as we walk down the stairs. Jamie and Alexander stand at the bottom of the stairs and I run down to meet Jamie. She has no visible wounds or bandages and I run and hug her, "Jamie!"

I wrap my arms around her tightly and don't let go. "Everett." Jamie whispers and hugs me back.

"I'm so glad you're okay. I was so worried." I say and pull back from her. She has the biggest smile on her face as she looks down at me.

"Of course, I'm okay. Alexander made sure I got home quickly and I went straight to pack doctors. They healed me up real quick. Werewolf healing also helped." I giggle with Jamie and hug her closely again.

"Jamie is too tough to let a couple of rogues take her down." Alexander says and wraps his arm around her. Jamie wraps her arms around his waist tightly. "Alpha will you be joining everyone for football?"

"I don't know. I would like to stay close to Everett." Bryson says looking down at me.

"I can sit with her Alpha while you guys play. We could have some girl time together." Jamie says, her eyes wide and begging.

"I guess, I'll try to make it." Bryson says, smiling a genuine smile at the two of them.

Jamie and Alexander leave to go out back and I ask Bryson what football is. He explains to me that it is a game that all the men in the pack play during barbecues and that mates typically wear the jersey of their mate that is playing and the other don't wear jerseys symbolling that they don't have any mates.

"I think you should play. You'll have fun and I'll cheer for you. Jamie will keep me company." I say and walk into the kitchen with Bryson following. A lot of the pack women are in the kitchen preparing food for the barbecue. Mom is their cleaning veggies. "Can I help in any way?" I ask her.

"Honey, you should be resting." Mom wipes her hands on a towel and turns away from her job.

"I want to help. Really, I'm alright." I say and walk to the sink to clean the potatoes that are in there.

Mom and Bryson agree and Bryson says he is heading outside to greet some of the pack members. I clean the potatoes and chat with some of the women. I giggle as they joke and tell me stories of the pack when I was in it.

As the women talk a scene or rather a memory plays in my head. I'm at the counter, the vary one that my back is turned to. I'm standing on a chair and Logan is next to me on his own chair. Mom is on my other side and the counter is full of baking supplies, like flour, eggs, mixing bowls, the works.

"Mommy, I want to help. This has to be the best cake for Bry Bry. It's his birthday tomorrow and I want it to be the best cake ever." I say and look at her. Mom looks younger and I can recognize that I am probably three in this memory. This must have been months before I was taken.

"Okay Honey. What kind of cake should we make Bryson?" Mom asks setting a cook book full of cakes in front of me.

"A chocolate cake!" Logan exclaims and points to a cake on the page I opened.

"Yeah, a chocolate cake. Bry Bry loves chocolate cake." I say and pull the book towards me.

"A chocolate cake it is." Mom giggles and begins to prepare. She lets us lick the spoons after mixing and even dabs chocolate frosting on our noses. We all giggle and I take frosting and put it all over Logan's face. He returns the favour and we get covered in chocolate.

My thoughts are broken by Mom. "Everett, are you alright?"

"I just remembered something." I stare wide eyed at Mom and tears come to my eyes. 

|AUTHOR'S NOTE|

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I plan to try and update every two days if we reach the chapter goals fast enough. 

|Chapter Goals and Questions|

Number of Reads: 1.75 K reads

Number of Votes: 57 votes

Did you notice any similarities between this chapter and one in the original?

Can you guess what will happen if you notice the similarity?