Chapter 24: Deal with the devil

Start from the beginning

"Are you going to stand there gaping like a doll or are you going to console your boyfriend to calm down?" Someone asked beside me and startled me out of my reverie. I did a double take when I saw Eric beside me with his reptilian smile.

"You.." I sputtered. I hadn't even noticed him coming in since I was engrossed in the fight. What was with everyone sneaking up on us unannounced? Besides, what was this rat doing here? I glared my hatred at him as I remembered he was the reason for all my misery.

I watched him go over to a furious Cade.

"I pay my humble respects to master Lucas Pietro's heir." He said, pulling a small bow to Cade. Cade huffed in distaste as he glared at Eric.

"If you make it to the finals, I will smash in your skull. Go running back to mummy like the wimp you are." He said to Levi as he left.

Levi pushed everyone away as he huffed his breath. He looked around everyone in annoyance but his eyes looked kind of guilty when it landed on me. He calmed down almost instantly. Everyone looked at me.

"That was really foolish, boy. It seems you've sent your clear sanity on a holiday this week." Eric mused.

"He is right." Osher fumed.

"Fighting with Lucas's heir was dangerous. You have eight more matches to win tonight. You won't get enough time to even take a sip of water. They are going to do one match after another without breaks. You need to focus and keep yourself from getting harmed as long as possible. Already, you've got a nice bruise on your eye." Osher scolded.

"It was worth it to bust that arrogant bastard's nose." Levi said, as he looked away. He glanced at me again, uneasily.

"I think it was fun to watch blood spurt from his nose." I said with a shrug, because Levi seemed to be worried about what I might think about it. A small smile appeared on Levi's face and Eric scowled.

"You are one very blood thirsty woman." Eric said and I glared at him.

"I would have loved it to see you bleeding from every orifice too and I am no woman." I snarled at him and he smiled at that as I glared daggers at him.

"Little girl..you shouldn't play with fire." Eric warned, still smiling. I hated it.

"Fire? You think you are like fire? Please. You are just an ass kissing wimpy little fry pimp, cowering behind bigger gangsters." I said and Eric's smile disappeared.

"That's..enough." Levi said, pulling me away.

"Guys, I need to get ready for the match. Can you leave us alone?" He asked them. Eric kept staring at me for a long time before he left. I fumed at that. Levi sighed.

"That was kinda..dangerous." He said when we were alone. I glared at him.

"You have no idea what that freak had done to me and my family." I said heatedly. Levi sighed.

"I understand you are angry about that night..." He started.

"No. You don't understand and besides, who are you to reprimand me? You were the same with Cade." I replied back angrily.

Levi rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Yes. And that was stupid too but messing with Eric is worse. People like Eric don't fight back with honour. They are deceptive and manipulative. It's a terrible combination. Atleast with Cade, he has some honour. He keeps his word even if he is an asshole." Levi said.

"So what? I hate him." I said in exasperation. Levi shook his head.

"You know..I know you have reason to hate him but it would be in your best interest to forget it and move on. If you follow a person like him for revenge you are going to get trapped instead. He is like that." Levi warned me. I scowled at him.