Chapter 6

We reached the hospital and Ryder, still being gentle, jumped out of the car. Zach opened the doors for him and they rushed inside the emergency room.

"We need a little help." Max asked the nurse at the table. SHe seemed a little bit annoyed.

"Sir this is the trauma center. If you have an emergency that can wait...Oh my gosh." She spoke once she looked at me. "Dr!" She looked at a blonde woman walking by.

"Yes?" The woman walked over with a smile on her face. The nurse pointed at me. "Over here." She lead the guys to a hospital bed that they laid me down.

"If it means anything, she has panic attacks." Ryder explained.

"Page Shepard." She told someone. "What's her name?"

"Lucy." Ryder told them. Then, light people around me became blurs, than darkness.

Max's POV

I saw Lucy's eyes close. The doctor moved her hands away for a moment. Just then, Lucy's body jumped. It began to shake violently, jumping periodically. It was impossible to watch.

"She's seizing!" The woman called out.

"What's happening?" Another doctor came in to aid.

"She is seizing." The doctor said again.

"Lucy!" Ryder tried to move towards her. We held him back.

"Get them out of here." The new doctor said.

"No please, she is my sister." Ryder cried out, almost in tears. He fought passed us. He looked down at Lucy, grabbing her hand. "Lucy you can't die. Please." Ryder begged.

"Out." The woman said again. We pulled Ryder into the waiting room. All of us were almost in tears, Ryder, actually crying. There was some other people in the waiting room. AS we waited, all of them were called back one by one. It was a few minutes of waiting that felt like decades and the rest of the Smith brothers rushed in.

"What's happening?" Devan asked once he saw us.

"We brought her in and she began having seizures." I explained. "Then, they kicked us out."

"How could they just kick us out? WHat if she wakes up and we aren't there? What if she has another nightmare?" Ryder spoke, almost hysterical. The sight of his sister like that must have been terrible. The rest of the family sat down. It got silent.

-----(1 hour later)-----

We sat there for only an hour, but it felt like forever. Everyone was dying to see her. I still couldn't get the picture of her out of my head. Finally, the doctors that had been working on her earlier stepped into the waiting room.

"Lucy's family?" The woman who I now saw Dr. Arizona Robbins sewed above the pocket asked. We all raised to our feet.

"What about mom and dad?" The doctor next to her asked. His name said Alex Karev.

"They died in a car accident." Devan said who was keeping it together. "How did this get some bad?"

"We believe her due to her injuries, and everything happening so fast, her mind couldn't process all of it and when her panic attack set in over her overactive brain, it just broke her and chase the seizure." Alex explained.

"Okay, I need you guys to sit down." She said, which made me very nervous. We followed and sat she and her partner did too. "She is weak, but alive. Before we can let anyone into see her we need to clear things up. Remember, this is all routine." She said.

"Did this happen at home?" Dr Karev asked.

"Are you implying one of us did this?" Our Alex looked at him.

"No, we just need to know more about this." Dr Robbins said.

"Max seems to know most about it." Ryder said. Everyone looked at me.

"It started on day one of school, a week ago. She lied when she said she fell. A girl at school had punched her, but she couldn't so anything in retaliation." I sighed.

"WHy not?" Dr. Karev said.

"Her mom always wanted her to be her cheerleader. After her mom died, it was a way to keep a piece of her. The girl who punched her had rule on the cheer team. It kept happening. I only found out Wednesday. I tried to tell you guys, but Lucy had me sworn." I held back tears. Then a realization hit my mind. "Oh God." I spoke to myself.

"What?" Dr. Robbins asked.

"This is my fault." I stood to my feet. "I need a breath." I walked away from the group, wiping away the tears in my eyes. I embarrassed Miley, made Lucy look better. She must have been so mad. I walked out the front doors, the sun had been clouded over. I leaned up against the side of the building. As my back hit the wall, rain began. Slow, then faster.

"Hey." I heard Dr. Robbin's voice.

"Hey." I responded, letting the rain drench my clothing. She leaned up against the wall next to me.

"So you and her are close?" SHe asked me.

"Yeah." I told her.

"Why was this your fault?" SHe asked.

"We were in gym and we were playing dodgeball. Lucy jumped in front of me to save me from a ball. She was fine with getting out, I mean she gave herself up. She was walking back to sit down and the girl threw a ball at her face. She fell. I was right there. The girl said she was sorry, but it was fake, everyone knew it. Lucy told everyone it was okay, that she was fine. I told he it was deliberate, but she already knew. She just couldn't get kicked off the team. It made me so mad." I held strong, not crying.

"What made you mad?" SHe asked.

"She was putting herself through a living hell for someone who couldn't care less about her. Well, it got down to The girl who punched her and me. I threw a ball at her, embarrassing her. The game was over. That was when Lucy told me about the cheer and her mom." I paused for a bit. "She was excited you know?"

"What was she excited for?" Dr. Robbins asked me.

"The day. Her body didn't hurt. It healed over the weekend. She had a good weekend too. She was excited for the day." I let a tear slip out.

"She needs you, you know?" Dr. Robbins turned to me. "She is in pain, she needs all of you there. Lucy's going to be lost if you aren't there. The guys said they would wait for you to go in."

"She won't want to see me."I let another tear fall.

"Max, she is scared. She needs to see you. You are broken up over this. She could never blame you for this." Dr. Robbins told me.

"You think?" I face Dr. Robbins. She nodded her head. I looked behind her.

"The guys know where she is, they can take you there."She told me. I ran inside, not even caring if I was wet. I came back to the waiting room. Everyone looked at me. I looked to the floor. They all got up. I followed the group into a room which was out of view of the waiting room. Lucy lying asleep on the bed. Devan walked to Lucy's right side, touching her hand. She flinched a little, but didn't wake up. Her face was in distress, her body tense.