Chapter 1: Sitting on the Park Bench

Moment In Time (A Harry Styles Fan-Fiction)

*Hayley*

Finally the holidays were here… being at school was such a drag, the school term seemed to be a lot longer than I expected and I was glad that it was finally over.

At school the kids used to bully me about not having a boyfriend, and it hurt. Just because I was single didn’t mean that they had the right to bully me. My friends reassured me that it was just because they were jealous that I could do whatever I wanted, kiss whoever I wanted and just basically have heaps of freedom. I didn’t see being single as an advantage, I saw it as just another reason for people to pester me.

I woke up early because the neighbour’s cat was yowling at the top of its lungs, and after I woke up I couldn’t get back to sleep so I lay awake listening to the rain on my roof and daydreamed for a while. Of course the very first day of the holidays it rained, and I wasn’t in the best moods either because of that stupid cat. I could’ve stayed in bed for hours just relaxing but my mum yelled from the living room “Hayley! Could you get up and go and grab some coffee for me?” “Sure mum, I’ll be downstairs soon.” I slowly dragged myself from bed, just managing to resist the urge to lay back down and sleep I went and hopped into the shower to warm myself up. When I came out of the shower I just put on my plain black shirt, my favourite ripped jeans, my black buckled boots and my crimson jacket. I basically just picked out the first thing in my closet which would keep me warm and snug. I stumbled down the stairs, still dreary from sleep and quickly stopped myself from falling all the way down. Mum was waiting at the door with some money for me to grab her de-caff coffee from Starbucks; I mumbled a quick goodbye to her and headed out the door.

I walked slowly through the light rain and got to Starbucks in a decent amount of time and I headed straight for the queue. I was a regular at Starbucks and the owner Andy always greeted me with the question “Hayley! Good to see you. Just the usual de-caff and hot chocolate?” Today I just nod in reply. I didn’t really feel like talking to him today since I wasn’t feeling the best so I just grabbed the drinks and left. Since it wasn’t raining that much I dropped off mum’s de-caff at home and went to the nearest park to sit and drink my hot chocolate. I slipped onto the bench just at the edge of the park near the curb.

*Harry*

We rounded the corner and bolted as fast as we could. There were about 300 screaming girls chasing us around the corner, they spotted us at Nando’s because Niall and the others just had to go out and eat even though we had only eaten about 3 hours ago. So now we were running as fast as we could from a large group of teenage girls, and since we were running we couldn’t get our phones out to call Paul.

*Hayley*

As I sat there on the bench I plugged my earphones into my iPhone, so I could listen to my favourite song, What Makes You Beautiful. So I was a fifteen year old girl who loved One Direction, I had multiple posters of them I knew most of the lyrics for the different songs and I had the coolest 1D custom vans. Most of the girls my age loved them as well and so did almost all the girls in England and I mean who wouldn’t? They were cute, had lovely accents, and had amazing voices. Just listening to their song made me feel a little better about myself after hearing all of the taunts at school. I sat and just soaked up the lyrics completely oblivious to the drumming footsteps on the pavement. I just sat there quietly and kept to myself.

*Harry*

We ran straight across the lawn of the park and ran around a corner of trees and we all tumbled onto a park bench. We sat up and brushed ourselves off and I remembered that 5 seconds ago the boys and I were being chased by fans. We had just managed to lose them when rounding the corner but they would be back soon enough, so I grabbed the newspaper that was lying on the bench and separated it so each of the boys could have a part of it. We then opened the newspapers in front of our faces so that no one could see us, just like in one of those spy movies. I had just covered my face when I heard the loud screaming of a very large group of teenage girls who were still looking for us.

I held my breath as the fans look around for us, then they all run in the other direction. 

As I breathe a sigh of relief I turn around to look at the boys when I realise sitting in between Liam and Louis is a young girl who looks about 15. She is just sitting there with her head down and her eyes closed with her earphones plugged in. 

....................................................................................................................................................................................

Hey Guys! This is the first chapter of my very first fan-fic ever :D i am super excited to hear what you, the readers, think :) please vote and comment and share with your friends. Thank you so much for reading and the more people that do the better :) If i get 5 votes and 5 comments I will post the next chapter :3 thank you again :) love you - sophie <3