The Challenger

I'd already researched many things regarding my various Attributes and Enigma's special 'Gift'.

I was unable to tell the difference between regular humans and myself at first...

There wasn't any external changes.

It was until I began to concentrate in order to sense the Mana within other living beings, that I 'felt' it.

It was a unique ability only I was able to use.

A power that allowed me to gain a deeper understanding of Ether and Mana as whole.

I wouldn't have been able to properly utilise my Mana to mimic elements without the its deductive abilities.

It was only in my eyes that every human except myself had a pure white 'flame' within their hearts.

This 'magical flame' was what I believed to be the Internal Energy within Humans and Beasts alike.

But wasn't the important part...

The most vital information I gathered was that my own 'flame' wasn't like those of others. The flame within me might have looked pure white on the surface, but I knew through sensing it that there was a hidden darkness underneath its exterior.

From what I'd researched over the years with the help of my doting parents, this pitch black flame with blue highlights should be 'Moon Mana': The main Internal Energy used by Fiends of the past.

I felt instinctively that I could switch the positions of the white flame and the black flame hidden within it. All my internal energy needed was just a single push of my own willpower. It was a choice...

It was such an easy thing to do to the point it felt like an inborn ability... but even so, I never used this mysterious ability. There was no way I'd lose my cautiousness towards the unknown.

After all, my instincts were born from my paranoia.

It's not like I could do that fiction-like thing of sensing someone looking at me. It had a 'logic'.

If I didn't see it and feel fearful of it, then it wouldn't register. I was aware of this weakness.

That's why I didn't want to act recklessly.

If it couldn't be predicted, then it was best to let the matter rest. Better find a way to ask Enigma...

I felt at ease using my methodology again.

It wasn't not I lived a long life on Earth by being reckless enough to mess with .

Who knew what could happen if I was to unleash my Moon Mana?

Perhaps I would mutate immediately and become unable to return to my humanoid form... There may be a chance that everything would be fine, but I wouldn't draw a conclusion without evidence!

Instead of relying on a power I'm unable to understand, my first objective would be to master my current abilities to their maximin limit. This also included my Burst Techniques and Magic Arts.

There's plenty of time for me to investigate this innate ability Enigma had secretly gifted me.

No need to be impatient about this.

Trusting someone didn't mean being careless...

I previously believed Enigma didn't wish to harm me, but there were a lot of things regarding my reincarnation that don't seem to add up... or maybe it was my own mistake for not asking anything.

Nah~ It's definitely the former~! How can someone as intelligent like myself make such a mistake?

Either way, it's not like I was making a mountain out of a molehill... Enigma was suspicious anyway.