Merilin's Worries

"Big Brother... I have something I want to talk about..." Merilin said so softly, I barely heard her.

Actually, now that I focused on her expression, I could see that she was extremely depressed...

Umm... What do I do now?

I've never been good with 'feelings', that's why I usually threw my emotions out the window.

The faster I could, the better.

So... how do I give good advice...?

"Let's go somewhere else first." I said while holding her hand in order to take her somewhere private.

I really don't want anyone to think I'm bullying her!

On the way, I tried comforting her by telling her about the various things that happened with Mark.

With some omissions, it turned into a lighthearted joke, but her silence really made me quite worried...

What actually happened to her?

Wasn't she with Anna just moments ago?

I hope that damn stupid woman's thick-headedness didn't cause some misunderstanding.

Hmmm, Anna IS kinda dense in some areas...

It's possible she said something she shouldn't have by accident. Damn her! Can't she pay attention?!

Merilin's usually very sensitive about stuff...

No, actually... despite her immaturity, this sister of mine was sharp-witted when it came down to it.

"Did Anna say something?" I asked her first.

We entering our parent's room. There was no one there, which was a perfect place for a good talk.

It was even better if they came to help me out...!

My little sister lifted her head. She started to look into my eyes with a mix of anxiety and worry.

Was this about the familiarity of the room?

Didn't she find it comfortable?

It wasn't that our parent's weren't capable enough to get personal rooms for both of us. To be perfectly honest, they just wanted to have more rooms for other servants of the Household.

That's why they decided it would be okay for Merilin to not have a room of her own for now.

I, of course, was considered different from her.

I was responsible enough to keep a tidy room and didn't really need help with doing my chores.

A little can go a long way when it comes to keeping everyone satisfied with my personality.

It felt like the worry in Merilin's heart wasn't unfounded just by looking at the seriousness in her youthful eyes.

It's strange to see...

She had always been a smart girl who could work her way past anything she put her mind to.

Different from the me of my past life...

There was a chance I wouldn't be able to help even if I knew something was troubling her.

"Auntie Anna said... my affinity is weak... She said I'll be bullied if I became a Mage...!" Merilin cried.

My mind suddenly went blank...

I panicked inwardly after seeing her tears...

What am I supposed to do?! My thoughts started to race as I tried to comfort her with words...