F Rank Magical Talent

Five years had passed since my reincarnation into this world.

In those years, I had experienced many things that seemed foreign to someone like me...

...who had come from an entirely different one.

Enigma, thank you.

I would have never gotten this chance to start my life from the beginning of it weren't for you.

Nor would I have felt the warmth of 'family' again.

Without sickness, without loneliness, without pain... It was a bliss to be born into my new family.

Compared to the isolation of my past life, this warmth was worth fighting a hundred soldiers for.

"Hah... And good morning to you, my brand new life~!" I muttered to myself after opening my eyes.

The world around me looked fresh and vivid.

It probably has to do with my young age.

It felt so great~ The feeling was like my young heart and aged soul having been birthed anew~

Though I feel the greatest change in my body was the strange, miraculous energy called Mana

It was coursing through my veins silently...

I might not understand how to utilise this magical power just yet, but just knowing that I'll one day be able to use this alternate world's 'Magic' was enough to make me feel anticipation for my future!

Isn't Gaia really wonderful? The clearness of the air around me makes me feel exhilarated even now.

I focused my concentration and looked at the small bedroom I was in, then make my way to a towering wardrobe to get my clothes.

My small body stature made it harder for me to reach the pegs, but through toiling effort, I was able to succeed in grabbing it's edge!

"Simon, the closet is too big... so stop forcefully trying to grab them by yourself." The effort I put was into my independence became a meaningless struggle. My loving mother walked into my room door and pulled the peg off the clothes rack.

I pouted my lips and looked at her with clear dissatisfaction. My head turned away angrily.

Who didn't hate being treated like a kid?

I'm definitely the older one here!

"Don't pout, big boys don't pout. Where has the usual 'mature' look you have on run off to~?"

My mother said before handing me my clothes.

The weird thing about reincarnation is that the past life one had experienced was like a long dream...

...or in my case, an incredibly long nightmare.

I truly accepted even in the deepest parts of my heart that this woman named Martha was my new mother...

I had truly became a part of this world.

This was my new start and beginning, so feeling melancholic about the failures of my past life would be meaningless.

It's best to just allow my mindset to change and grow similar to an ordinary to my present age.

Even if that meant losing the patience, wisdom, and everything else that came with growing old.

Hmm... Why do I feel like I don't have a choice when it comes to that matter in particular?

"Mother, stop teasing me and tell me why you're even here. Shouldn't Mark and Anna be the ones taking care of us?" I snatched the clothes out of her hands and gave a bored look. A smile was etched on her face. She giggled in response.