Warlock Hand

"The name of this glove is 'Warlock Hand'.

Heh~ The Magic Circles engraved into this little baby have many abilities. I'll show you them.

There are four abilities in total: Self-Adjustment, Mana Charge, Spell Release and Customised Spell." Mark tilted his nose up. The glove caused his hand to glow brightly with a diamond-like light.

"The first ability is as you've seen. It can both change its size and look to fit the user's will.

The second ability stores enough Mana into it for four consecutive Spell Conjurings." Mark continued and aimed his index finger towards a training dummy from afar. His eyes suddenly sharpened.

When posturing, it was like his aura changed...

I wasn't unfamiliar with that term 'Spell Conjuring'

It was an advanced technique only those that have mastered and moved on from the Mana Clad technique. It was something advanced users of the Burst Manipulation technique could cast out.

It was unlike the Mana Clad sub-technique of Burst Manipulation. It was the basic Art of every 'Mage'.

It had the ability to produce weapons made out of focused Mana... along with other phenomena.

Spell Conjuring was the second technique of Burst Manipulation. It was essential to controlling any kind of Ether. Just like how Father softened the ground under my feet by interacting with the External Energy (Ether) of the world beneath me:

Only a person who use this technique could be considered a true Magic User and become a Mage.

Well, a novice... at least...

There was only one difference between those who considered themselves Mages, and those who considered themselves Swordsman: It was where they would put their efforts when training.

A person who was adept in using Spell Conjuring would be considered a Mage, while others who concentrated on using Mana Clad would be considered Swordsmen. The Arts weren't exclusive to one another, but many focused their effort.

It was better to have a higher rank in one speciality than be subpar on two. This was common sense.

Only the ambitious tried balancing the two.

Like my Magic Swordsman of a Father.

"Watch carefully." Mark said seriously.

[Spell Conjuring- Burning Slash!]

A blade of flames shot towards the training dummy used for spell practice and burnt a cut through it.

A surprised expression appeared on my face, as his gift really opened my eyes to new possibilities.

At least I won't fall behind others in terms of magical firepower now that I have this great gift-

Wait! Why is it that attack seemed different than others? I'm sure a Fireball is supposed to be shaped spherically rather than the shape of a blade... What happened? Was it not that...?

Guess I should ask about it later.

"That's amazing~ However, by four consecutive spells, you meant First-Tier Combat Magic, right? What about Third-Tier Combat Magic?" He forced a smile at my questions, then started looking at the 'Warlock Hand' he wore with a complex gaze.

He seemed out of it today... What's with this mood?

He's lost in his own memories again....

"That's because this is actually a failed product.