Connor x Reader

Tittle:Fears and Nightmares

Author's note: You have a nightmare and Connor is here! Have no fear!

Connor's P.O.V
I heard faint whimpers and whispers coming from beside me. I turned my head only to find a sleeping Y/N. But she/he wasn't sleeping very peacefully. More like tossing and turning on the medium to large sized couch he/she owns.

I wanted to wake her/him, but I don't think it's the best situation here. She/he might have a panic attack while waking up and that shall lead to another story.

I scanned her/his stress levels. They weren't that high but I can tell from them and her/his faint noises that's he/she might be having a nightmare. The levels were rising even higher now. First they were at 45% and now it's at 85%. Must be a really intense dream that she's/he's having. I told him/her 'No horror movies after 9:00 pm.' Great, now I sound like Hank when he says no.

The levels are at 98% now. I have to wake her/him or the consequences could be dire for his/her health. I gave a gentle nudge, not really trying at the time. I shook her/him lightly this time. Still not waking up, I gave a small gentle smack to her/his face. This is going to be Lieutenant Hank Anderson all over again. I know I'll regret this later.

I smacked Y/N the same why I did with Hank. He/she got up in an instant. A few tears running down her/his face. It slightly got me upset, but It was pushed aside when the pillow Y/N was clutching in his/her sleep. It flew out of her/his hands and broke a vase, something else to clean up and replace. I didn't like the vase anyway, a tacky, ugly and horrible present from his/her Aunt.

I was brought out of my train of thought when Y/N grabbed the sides of my face. Examining me for something was What it looked and felt like. I grabbed both of her/his hands. Her/his eyes holding a look of worry mixed with fear.

"What were you dreaming about dear?" I let one hand go to wipe the tears cascading down his/her face.

"Y-you died in front of me in the most gruesome way." Her/his voice quivering as she/he spoke. I pulled him/her into a hug, striking her/his (Long/Medium/Short) hair.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I felt him/her now her/his head. I let out an inaudible sigh.

"I'm all audio receptors, love." I told her/ him to see if she/he was ready.

"We were just have a n-normal time out, laughing and p-playing. But then everything went down hill. It went all b-black and I couldn't see anything. Then a light came on and I could see you there, in a pool of red and blue. Thirium and b-blood surrounding you." I heard her/ him choke up again.

I rubbed circles into her/his back. "It's alright, I'm here now. I'm not going anywhere."

"Y-you said I let it happen. You said I left you to die. Then you got up with a gun in hand and aimed it at me. Before anything else happened I w-woke up."

I felt terrible, I can't see myself doing something like that to Y/N. I heard a choked sob come from her/him. S/he stared clutching onto my white button up shirt. Her/His tears soaking and staining the shirt, but I didn't care. My mission right now is Y/N. And I always accomplish my mission.

She/he pulled back out of the hug. His/Her e/c shone in the dim lighting of the lamp from the crying he/she did. Sniffles could be heard from her/him. I kissed her/his forehead. Then nose, then cheeks, eyelids and then finally on the lips. The kiss on The lips lasted for about a good 55.5 seconds.

When we broke apart, I saw a small smile on his/her features. A small smile that made me smile.

"Would you just like to watch a movie and cuddle up to me?" I asked and she/ he immediately answered with a 'Yes please!'

The rest of the night was simple. We watched a movie, shared a few kisses and moments. Y/N almost fell asleep when s/he noticed the broken vase.

"It was tacky and ugly anyway." I chuckled , great minds think alike.

And now I have to clean up glass shards before Y/N forgets and steps in it.