||CHAPTER 29||

🐍JUGHEAD'S POV🐍 

🐍JUGHEAD'S POV🐍 

Twenty four hours had passed since Betty Cooper went missing.

Everyone in the town knew, and I wasn't sure if they were even doing a damn thing about it.

The other Serpents didn't want me to go turn myself in; said that they would find another way.

But I didn't believe them.

All my life I thought I would either die of old age, a motorcycle accident, or hell, cancer.

But it looked like I was going to die saving the girl I loved.

I knew I needed to convince the Serpents to let me go, but the only problem was that I didn't know how.

I was in my trailer, alone.

Being in there reminded me all of the moments I had with Betty. When we first met, and when we made love for the first time.

My phone vibrated, and it was another email from whoever was holding her captive.

The anonymous person kept sending me videos of Betty getting tortured. I thought it was sick, how they were hurting her and filming it.

I didn't want to watch another one of those videos. They were hell for me.

But a part of me knew I needed too, to get some answers because I knew there had to be some.

I pressed on the video, but I didn't get through very much.

Once Betty screamed, a high piercing scream that made my heart ache, I threw my phone to the ground so hard that I assumed it was now broken. 

But I didn't care about my phone, I didn't care about anything anymore.

I took my beanie off, throwing that to the ground too. Then, I put my face and my hands and started to cry. 

I knew I was being weak, but I couldn't be strong anymore. 

Because the truth was; I was terrified. 

They were hurting my Juliet. They were touching her when I'm the only person who can touch her.

It made me feel sick to my stomach. 

I heard my phone ring, and I was surprised that it even was still working.

I picked it up. It was badly cracked, but it still worked.

Toni was calling me, and I accepted the call while wondering what she was going to tell me.

"You need to come to the White Wyrm," she told me "we got a surprise for you."

"I will" I replied.

"Also, Jug," Toni said, "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I asked.

"For....all of this. With Betty" she said, "I know how much you love her."

"Yeah," I said "thanks." 

It was silence, I wasn't sure what to say and I don't think she knew either.

"Bye," she said quietly before hanging up.

I wiped some tears away, and though my eyes were red and puffy I still made my way to the White Wyrm.

---------------------------------------

Once I arrived, it was pitch black other than a few lights that were on.

In the middle was a man. He was tied to a chair and I recognized him by one name.

Mustang.

He was a Serpent, I thought he could be trusted. But it looked like he couldn't.

I walked toward him and stood in front of him, while everyone else stood by his side.

"Ah, Jughead" he spoke, "long time no see?"

"Cut the bullshit" I snapped "did you kidnap her? Or did more of you do it?"

"Why should I tell you?" He asked, "you're just a foolish boy, in love with someone who you can't be with."

Before I could snap at him again, Fangs pulled out his pocket knife.

"If you don't speak up, we won't hesitate to cut your arm or any other important piece of your body," he told him.

"So you all are breaking Serpent law now?" Mustang asked, "you know that you can't hurt your own kind."

"You are not one of us," I told him "Serpents don't go around kidnapping innocent girls, and...did you kill Jason Blossom?"

"The boy didn't give us what we wanted," Mustang told us "so we punished him."

I was aware that Cheryl was in the room, but she was silent.

"With murder?" I asked "that's a crime! You could go to jail!"

Mustang didn't say anything, and Sweetpea spoke up saying; "are you working with other people?"

He didn't respond at first, and then Fangs held up his pocket knife toward him for the second time.

"Fine! Yes, they're more of us" he told us "F.P doesn't know about us, hell he's too much of an idiot."

"Do not talk about my father like that" I snapped.

Mustang simply laughed "it's a free country, isn't it? I can say whatever the hell I want about your father."

"Give us the girl and then you guys can get whatever type of cash or drugs you want and leave us alone," Sweetpea said.

"Oh no, we had a deal remember?" Mustang said, "we need Jughead."

"We'll kill you," Cheryl said, and everyone stared at her.

"I don't believe you," Mustang said, "you all don't have the balls to do it."

"Um, I'm we're girls" Toni snapped, gesturing at Cheryl and her "and you don't know us."

"Actually, I do," he said, "you all grew up here, I know exactly who you all are and are capable of."

"Why kidnap her?" I asked "you could've just kidnapped me and gotten it over with. It would've been easier."

"But what's the fun in that?" He asked "you should'be heard her last night. We didn't send you to videos of that because they were really bad and we thought you were going to have a heart attack. But she screamed your name so loud, the girl was actually dumb enough to believe that you were going to come and save her. She also called you by a special name, one I've never heard anyone call you. What was it? Oh, I remember. Juggie?"

I punched him in the face. 

I felt Toni pull me back, and Mustang just smiled through the blood on his nose. 

"Remember the deal, Jughead," he told me "she'll be safe and sound if you come in the next few hours, if not; she dies."