I looked up at Travis and he looked into my eyes.

He bent over to my ear and whispered,

"I got some more info you might like, some of the technology in the building is able to bring things back from the past." My eyes lit up at that and he chuckled.

He backed away from me and went back to cleaning mugs.

"Thanks, Travis," I mumbled.

He poured me another drink and gave me a wink.

"Don't do that or you'll be next," I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh come on it's not like you have a boyfriend or anything." Travis laughed.

I mumbled a few things under my breath and sighed.

"It's probably better that way anyway," I replied.

"Oh, I'm sure I could hit you up with a guy," Travis said smirking.

"I don't want to date any of your techy gross friends," I mumbled rolling my eyes.

Travis laughed and put an empty glass down.

"I rather not date anyone considering my line of work," I replied giggling a bit.

"Oh really," Travis said smirking.

"Yes, I'm pretty sure."

"And what if they had the same line of work as you then what?" I rolled my eyes again.

"No there's no point one of us would eventually die anyways." Travis chuckled and I looked up at him.

I chugged my drink and slammed it onto the bar table. I laid my head down on the bar table and sighed.

"I wanna go home..." I mumbled to myself.

"Then do so." Travis laughed.

"No no no I can't," I replied staring at the glass.

"Because it's too far," I replied.

Travis smiled and the bar door opened up. Travis' eyes flickered to the door and the smile on his face faded.

I looked over.

"Shit," Travis mumbled.

"Hide."

I got up off the stool and jumped over the bar table. I hid under it and Travis began to pour a glass.

"Well well look whos back," Travis said smirking.

"Yea I'm back. I heard about that girl you were selling." Travis smile grew and he leaned over to him.

I snuck past Travis on my hands and knees and put on my bartender uniform. I messed up my hair a bit and stood up.

I looked over across the table and our eyes met.

"Ah so its that really nice news reporter," I said giving him a friendly smile.

"Is that the chic?" He asked smirking.

"Hell no, this one's mine." Travis laughed.

He got up from his chair and walked over to me. The only thing between us was the bar table.

He grabbed onto the collar of my shirt and stared down at my body.

"I'll pay you three times the amount for a night with this one." He said licking his lips.

"I don't thi-"

Before Travis could finish he pulled me closer and tried to force a kiss on me.

I turned my head to the side and he began kissing my cheek.

I groaned in annoyance and he grabbed my hand.

"Come here, baby." He yelled.

"Help!" I screamed in horror.

Our lips were almost touching but before he had the chance a shot went off.

I stopped in my spot and the news reporter dropped down onto the ground.

Behind the news reporter was someone. They were hidden by a hood and dark clothes.

Our eyes met for a few seconds and they pointed the gun down at the reporter.

"Made my job a bit easier." They mumbled.

A few more shots went off and the news reporter screamed out in pain.

The guy looked back at me and I looked at him in shock.

"Thanks love."

Damn, I have too many books that I have ongoing. I need a stop thinking idea 😭. Aight well here it is. Be prepared for a lot of smut in future chapters.