Doors slide open and this time, their applause is louder, a bit more excited. Everyone knew what the Royal Queen dowager looked like. She was the only one of the royal family who has shown her face to the press and public for the last few years. In came the elder in her traditional hanbok, red with gold embroidery, and a blue skirt. She bows, her face stern but warm and takes a seat at the throne inside Geunjeongjeon Hall. From where they're sitting, the candidates can't really get a good look at her, so they settle by looking at the large screens at the sides of the hall that show a clear view of the inside and follow the royal's movements. 

Once she is sitting, Jaesuk beams into the camera "Let's also give a round of applause to your future sister-in-law, the royal princess Geongmin!"

The camera's pan and show a new face on the screen. One with a gentle smile to her face. Princess Geongmin was beautiful. With long hair, a petite face, doe eyes and small lips. Her face was milky white, soft, almost angelic.

Behind Jin, someone sucks in a breath. "Damn." 

Must be a Bi or Pan. 

Silently though, those who heard the comment all nod in agreement. She was pretty. Beautiful, even. They didn't have to be straight to see it. Unlike her grandmother, who was dressed in traditional Korean clothing, the princess was dressed in a more western style. She was elegant, dressed in a simple high neck white blouse and a long grey skirt, brown hair loose behind her. She bowed to the cameras and smiled, her cheeks rising. She waved as she took a seat next to her grandmother.

Jaesuk nods to the camera, dramatically throwing his arm out as he announces the next member of the royal family to come out. "The royal prince, Jungkook."

The candidates start whispering among themselves as the prince stepped out. Like his elder sister, he was dressed in modern attire, wearing a modern-day suit, black with white straps and a black bow tie. His hair was a dark brown and styled so that a part of his forehead showed. With his big doe eyes and sharp jawline, he looked so manly, yet innocently boyish.

He hears someone whistle behind him. Jin wants to smack whoever did it. The prince is underaged.

The MC stops the prince before he reaches his seat, placing the mic to him. "So young prince, are you jealous that your brother is going to be surrounded by so many handsome men?"

"I think its quite the opposite," the prince said with a smile on his face, revealing a set of bunny-like teeth, "I'm jealous that these guys are going to have my hyung all to themselves."

Everyone in the room laughed, some cooed. Jin felt a smile creep upon his lips. He knew that the prince was about 17 by now. He had only been shown as to the Korean public at birth, a small and adorable baby. 

As the prince takes his seat with the others, the MC excitedly turns towards the candidates, more eager than the majority of them where. "And of course," he winks at them, "the man you've all been waiting for, his Royal Highness King Namjoon!"

Everyone tries to get a good look, straining their necks to better see the screen. Jin didn't know what to expect. Even though he took the throne upon reaching legal Korean age no one had seen the King's face. The coronation had been private and the citizens of Korea began wondering if they even really had a King, especially when the Royal Queen Dowager was announced as Regent in his place.

There were photos of the King when he was young of course. But after the Great King grew ill, the Royal Queen dowager prevented the media from ever entering the palace or for anyone outside of a selected few to know the faces of the royal family.

Till today.

After seeing the royal princess and prince, it was to be expected that the King would be just as handsome, but honestly no one, especially Jin, expected him to look that good.