I rolled my eyes. "Give it to me."

He sighed in relief and gave me the paper towel. I picked up the spider and threw it in the trash.

"I thought you were scared of spiders?" Wilmer asked.

"Not dead ones." I said, taking a bowl out of the drawer.

My phone dinged and I took it out of my pocket to see a keek notification. "@ddlovato: Hahahahahahaha killing spiders 😝😝😝 @annielovato" I clicked play and it got from where Wilmer got his boot to where I was laying on the ground peeing my pants.

"Did she put that somewhere?" Wilmer asked.

"Keek." I said right as the microwave started beeping, signaling my popcorn was done.

I poured the popcorn in the bowl and started for the basement door.

"Goodnight, Annie." Wilmer said from behind me.

I almost turned around and gave him a hug and considered that he changed, but he hasn't. This is all for show. People just don't change for the better like that.

So I just stuck with, "Goodnight Wilmer."

I jogged down the steps and entered the movie room to see the girls under the blankets on the snuggle seat, quietly whisper shouting.

I tipped toed over to the girls and grabbed the blanket, yanking it off of them, resulting in panic shrieks that almost made my ears bleed.

"Annie what the hell!" Abby yelled.

I laughed and handed Kyler the popcorn, while they tried to calm their breathing.

"We thought you died!" Madison shouted.

"Considering you didn't come to check to see if I was okay, you weren't to concerned." I laughed, taking my seat in the middle again.

"Well what was the banging? And the screaming?" Maddie asked.

I shifted uncomfortably, slightly disgusted with myself because I actually had a tiny bit of fun with Wilmer.

"There was a spider and Wilmer killed it." I sighed.

"Oh." Madison said, more relaxed. "Well, I guess we can try and watch the movie now."

I rolled my eyes and hit play on the movie.

••

It had gotten to the part where it almost reveals the two boys as scream when I noticed Madison, Kyler, and Abby were already asleep. I guess we're sleeping in the movie room tonight then.

I'm not going to lie, that movie and being basically alone down here scares the crap out of me. I mean, we already had like three other movies picked out and they fell asleep on the first one.

After about ten minutes of trying to fall asleep, I'm about to give up. I'm wide awake.

"What are you doing?" Maddie mumbled.

I looked over at her and saw her trying to flutter her eyes open but she was half asleep. "The movie is basically over."

She groaned and tossed the blanket off of her. "Can we go to your room now?"

My bed is the big enough for all four of us, and it sounds way more relaxing than this. Maybe it will help me sleep.

"Yeah. Let's go." I said, standing up.

Madison stood up and grabbed a pillow and started whacking Kyler and Abby with it.. Similar to what Wilmer did to the spider with his boot.

"What?" Kyler groaned.