Chapter 20

Nick’s POV

After Demi was done telling me everything she had to say I was astonished, so I didn’t say anything but go back to watching television. I just can’t believe everything she told me. Joe likes her best friend, Emily, who was with a guy named Mitchel, who she broke up with because he was cheating on her with Homez, who then started to let a guy named Cody flirt with her, which led to Joe kissing her today. Well now that I think of it is something you can believe. But why would she accept being Joe’s fake girlfriend? She wasn’t winning at all with the entire situation, so why accept? I need to know why she went along with the lie.

“Demi?”

“Yea?”

“Why did you accept?” I felt her shift in the couch. “I mean from what you told me. The only one who would be winning in the fake relationship would be Joe and not you, so why did you accept?”

“Uh… because I’m a good friend?”

I looked away from the television to face her. “That didn’t sound like you were sure. So what is the real reason?”

“It is.”

“Aren’t we friends?” I say regretting the F word.

“We are.”

“Then why can’t you tell me the truth.”

She sighs. “Alright.” She then turns her body to face me, sitting crossed legged . “The reason why I accepted Joe’s lie was because I like this guy…” When she said that I felt my heart shatter into pieces. “… but it was a waste of my time because he likes this other girl.” She says as she looks down.

I ignore my shattered heart and I scoot next to her. Once I was next to her I lifted up her chin with my hand to make her look me in the eyes. “Hey… if this guy doesn’t have mutual feelings for you then he must be stupid and blind because any guy would be lucky to have you as if girlfriend.”

“Really?”

“Yes because if it was me then I would be lucky.”

“Really?” I nod. “Then would you mind if I did something?”

“What?”

She didn’t answer me. She just leaned in, crashing her lips to my lips.