Chapter 9

Demi's POV

-a month later at school-

Today has been a month since Nick quit being mine and Lucas' babysitter. I honestly don't know why but it hurt me very much when he quit. On this month I've done the most stupidest mistake of my life... I got back with Taylor. I guess you could say I'm stupid.

"Hey babe." Says Taylor.

"Hey." I say.

"So turns out I can't make it to our date today." He says giving me a apologitic smile.

"Uh... why?" I say trying to sound like if I care.

"Because my mom and I are going shopping." I give him a weird look. "Yea shopping for a new car?"

"Oh it's okay babe. I'll see you some other day then." I say giving him a fake smile.

"Yea, um... see you tomorrow." He says giving me a kiss me in the cheek then leaving me.

The bell ranged announcing the end of the day. I got my stuff and walked out out of school. Today I felt like walking the long way home which consists of walk through a park. When I was getting close to the park I noticed a certain curly haired boy in front me. When I noticed him my heart skip a beat. I tried to dodge him but I couldn't, so I just kept on walking with my head down. After a second I bumped into someone, I look up and it was him.

He smiled down at me. "Hey Demi." He says.

I force a smile. "Hello... Nicholas."

"How are you?"

"I'm good..." I say trying to sound happy. "... and you?"

"I'm great!" He said smiling big.

"How so? Did you find your dream job." I say trying not to sound sarcastic.

"Um... actually no. But I got into the college of my dream."

"Congrats." I say looking around the park.

"Thanks? So has your mother found a bab-"

"What the hell?" I said interrupting him because two familiar people caught my eye.

"What?" Nick said looking the way I was. "Wait isn't that you ex-"

"Boyfriend." I said in a low whisper.

"You got back with him?" He asks.

I ignore him and walk towards Taylor and my bestfriend, Selena, who were... kissing. "Are you fuckin' serious?!" I ask them very furious. They pull away to look at a girl who was very angry.

Nick's POV

When Demi was looking at her 'boyfriend' and some chick kissing she went towards them. I thought she said she didn't want to be with him anymore, so why is she back with him? I was looking at the direction Demi went and I was seeing her screaming at them. I didn't know what to do but one thing is for sure I want to beat the shit out of him for cheat on my Demi! Wait did I just say my Demi? "No Nick, Demi is not yours." I tell myself. After a while I decide to go get Demi away from them because it seems as if something very bad is going to happen if she stays there with them.

Just when I got to Demi, she was about to launch herself to the other girl, but I got her arms.

"I don't get why you're right here Demetria if you got yourself another guy right next to you." Says the girl.

"Well that's were your wrong Selena, because Nick here is n-"

"Her boyfriend." I say interrupting Demi. She looks at me and gives me a confused look.

"Oh so you've been cheating on me Demi?" Says her EX-boyfriend.

"Yea she's been cheating on you with me and let me tell you something she is the best thing that has ever happen to me. So it's your lost and my gain." I say putting my arm around her waist.

"So he's the reason why you never wanted your mom to know about me?" He asks her.

She was about to answer but I interrupted her. "Yea her mom knows about us, that's why she didn't want her mom to know about you guys. Now if you will excuse us we have to go and have ourselves a date." I say turning around with Demi's waist around my arm. Once we were away from the park, I took my hand away from Demi's waist and turn around to face her. We stood there in silence for a while. "I'm sorry about what I did back there. I know I shouldn't have done that but I thought that you sort of wanted to get back at him for cheating on you." I say breaking the silence.

"It's fine. I just can't believe he dares to cheat on me and what made it worse was that it was with my best friend."

I sighed. "Demi like I said it's there lost and other peoples gain."

She blushes. "Thanks." We stood there for another awkward silence, but a good kind. "How are you going to pay for college?" She says breaking the silence.

"Um... I still don't know."

"Why don't you come back to work as mine and my brother's babysitter?"

"Demi, I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why?" She asks me. I can't tell her the truth as to why I don't want to be her babysitter. I took a deep breath and opened my mouth but then she interrupted me. "I promise I won't be a big pain in the ass. I will be a good girl. I'll even join an afterschool club so I won't be a bother to you. Just please Nick come back to work as our babysitter... please!" She says giving me the most adorable puppy eyes any girl has ever given me.

I try to look away but I can't. She's to freakin' cute to look away. "Alright. I'll go back as your babysitter, but only because I need the money for college."

She gave me a big smile and then she gave me a hug. I hugged back and stole a quick sniff of her vanilla scented hair. After a while she pulled away. " Thank you Nick. You will NOT regret it. Now if you'll excuse me I have to get home. Or do you want to take me on our date." She says giving me a wink.

I laugh. "Funny Lovato. Now I think you have to go home because I have to go home. So I'll see you tomorrow. Bye." I say giving her a quick wave then I began to walk away.

I can't believe I accepted that job once again. What if my feelings for her grow and I fall in love with her. Shit! What the hell did I get myself into.