Chapter 1

Nick's POV

Hello my name is Nick Jonas. I'm a high school senior who is about graduate in about a year in a half. I have 1 brother, Kevin, he's in college and I live with both of my parents. As I said in the beginning I'm going to graduate high school but I don't have money for college. My mom has been pressuring me to get a job but I haven't found one. I doubt that I will be able to find one that could help me afford college. My mom tells me to find a job that could help me pay for half of my tuition because she and my dad will help me with the other half, but I repeat I can't find a job.

"Honey!"

"Yea mom?"

"Guess what!" She says all excited.

"What mom?"

"I found you a job!"

"You did?!"

"Yes I did. Now you can get ready for college."

"Yes! Wait what kind of job did you get me?"

"A... babysitting job." She whispered.

"I didn't get you?"

"It's a job you'll enjoy."

"A job I'll enjoy? Mom seriously tell me what kind of job is it."

"Um... I already told you."

"Mom seriously tell me before I go insane."

"I got you a job as a babysitter."

"A babysitter?"

"Yes!"

"Um... sorry but I don't do that kind of job."

"Well guess what Nicholas." Oh great she used my full name. "You are going to do that job you like it or not."

"But mom! I already found myself a better job." I say.

"Oh you did?" I nod. "And what is that job of yours do?"

"Um... it uh... does something you don't know about."

"Oh and what is that?"

"Something?"

"Well Nicholas you're quitting that 'job' and accept the one I got for you. Alright?!"

"Uh... y-y-yes m-m-mam." I say scared.

"Good! Now you are starting tomorrow."

"Alright! But who am I taking care of?" I ask her.

"Do you remember my friend Diana Lovato?"

"Uh... actually no."

"Well you'll be taking care of her 9 year old son, Lucas, and her 14 year old daughter, Demi."

"And why can't she take care of herself and her brother if she's 14?"

"Because Dianna isn't those kinds of mothers who leave they're children home alone."

"Oh."

"So go to sleep because you have school and babysitting to do." She said pushing me up the stairs.

"Wait!" I scream. My mom raises her eye brow. "Um... I mean wait? How long do I have this 'job' for?"

"If you mean how long until you could quit then I will anwser you with: until you could afford your part of college. Or if you mean hours... then it will be only for about 5 hours."

"5 hours?"

"Yes."

"Ok... see ya later." I said, going up the stairs to my room. When there I layer down in my bed and tried of some way to have fun with the kids, but nothing came to mind so I fell asleep.