Chapter 16

A/N: Here's an update in honour of the six year anniversary of Letty's mother's death. Plus, that is Kirkland. Who do you think did it thus far?

"Melanie?!" All of us except Ambrielle exclaimed.

"Melanie was there that night?" I asked.

"I guess so. But the question is, who was she with?" Austin asked.

Looking closer, "That looks like that jerk Kirkland."

Upon closer inspection, I realized she was right.

But, why were they both there that night?

"Why were they there that night?" Austin asked, voicing my question.

"I don't know. How could I not know that they were in the house that night?"

"Didn't you mention that you felt drowsy?"

"Yeah. But what does that have to with anything?"

"Is it possible you were drugged?"

"Why would I have been drugged? And by who?"

"Anyone of these three could have done it, but I think it must have been your father. These two hadn't been in your house before this time that we're aware of. The only person who had an opportunity to drug you was your father." He paused. "Or your mother. Which I don't see happening." He added the last part as he took notice of my raised eyebrows.

"No, She wouldn't. I know she wouldn't do that, unless she had a very good reason."

"Of course."

Looking back to the video, we watched as someone opened the front door. My dad.

My dad was still at the house and he let them in.

"How was my dad still at the house if he clocked in at 12:15 that morning?" My eyebrows furrowed.

"He could have had someone clock in for him. I know people who do it all the time so they don't get in trouble with their bosses or fired." Ambrielle told us. Maybe.

"It's true. I had to do it a couple of times for other jobs." Austin admitted. "I had to make sure my grandma was okay before I left and sometimes her health nurse was late. I had to do what I had to do to pay for my grandmother's care."

"Aww." I said, smiling at him as he returned the gesture.

"Okay. Enough with the lovey dovey eyes. What we need to find out is why Melanie and Kirkland were there that night? Also, why didn't Kirkland recuse himself when he clearly had involvement or history with a number of people in this case? That guy is fishy. There's just something off about him."

"I never liked him. I would hide in my room or with my mom whenever he came over. There was just something I didn't like about him and I never knew what it was. I still don't."

The pair walked inside and my dad closed the door behind them.

We watched as Kirkland came back out on his own four minutes later. He began pacing before he headed back to the car.

He got back in the car, probably to wait for Melanie.

Finally Melanie came out ten minutes later. 12:24:48.

She headed to the car, got in and they drove off.

A few minutes later, my dad exited the house in his suit, and he appeared flustered. He was walking fast to his car, as if he were in a hurry to get away from the house.

Quickly, he got into his car and drove off, to work I assume.

We were about to stop the video when two more figures emerged from the house.