Chapter 13- Hazel

Start from the beginning

     That’s when she noticed things were quiet.

     Lying on his side, the serpent lay, covered in golden ichor, the immortal blood. He was dead. He was burnt, battered, bruised, and bloody. That’s when Hazel saw the Argo II.

     “Leo!” she gasped. He looked up, saw his warship, and groaned.

     The Argo II was tipping. It was nearly on its side. The outside catwalk was closer to the water than it had been before. Sitting on the catwalk were five demigods.

     Percy was dry and looked perfectly fine. He was holding some nectar and ambrosia. Annabeth was dripping wet, and her jeans were ripped. She had some bruises running down her legs, and her shoulder was red and inflamed. That’s where the poison must have been on her armor.

     Frank had a cut running from the corner of his left eye down to his jaw. It wasn’t bleeding, but it was pink and swollen. His upper lip was purple. He looked ready to drop and pass out.

     Piper looked like she got run over by a truck. Her clothes were in tatters, and her braids were out, making her hair wavy. She had bruises running up her arms and legs. Her upper arm was a bloody mess. Her eyes were bloodshot, and her ankle was twisted in an odd way. She was crying and mumbling something.

     Jason looked better than before. He was still pale, and his hand was puckered and pink from the poison. His shirt was ripped, and he had a bleeding gash on his forearm. He had one bruise on his temple, but other than that, he was fine.

     “Leo! Hazel!” Percy jumped up, putting the nectar and ambrosia under his arm. He raised his arm, and a wave picked up Hazel. It dumped her onto the catwalk, where she nearly fell off again, but Leo grabbed her arm and yanked her back up. That made her blush. But she felt guilty. She was kind of dating Frank, right?

     “Where were you guys?” Frank asked, not bothering to get up. He had a blanket draped over his shoulders.

     “After I fell off, Leo had to look for me,” Hazel explained. “I thought he was a monster so I kicked him and stuff. He managed to get me above water.”

     Percy put a blanket on Hazel’s shoulders, and then did the same for Leo.

     “Um,” Jason muttered. He had Piper’s twisted ankle in his lap. “I need some help.”

     The boys ran over while Hazel and Annabeth muttered comforting words to Piper. Leo and Frank held down one arm each while Percy held her head. Jason looked nervous.

     “Piper, I’ve done this before to you. It’ll hurt.” Jason had some gauze in his hand.

     “Yes, I remember,” Piper moaned, in obvious pain. There was a layer of sweat on her forehead and she was still crying.

      There was a lot of screaming. Piper thrashed, and Leo had to crawl on her arm to keep it pinned down. Percy locked her hand, and he kept muttering apologies.

     “Done,” Jason sighed. Piper was released, but she was still howling. She punched every guy before squeezing Jason’s hand.

     “That hurt,” Piper remarked once she wasn’t shrieking. She popped in a square of ambrosia before taking a sip of nectar.

     “That was loud,” Leo muttered, cleaning her arm out with nectar.

     She made a face at him. “Sorry. You’re not the one with something broken.” She looked at Jason. “Will I be okay for Rome?”