We Trust, You Lie (Chapter 35)

Start from the beginning

"Did Sensei already leave?" Alex sees the kitchen empty except for two plates with breakfast and a note.

"I'd assume so," Owen takes the note and reads it. "He has emergency contacts down...don't know who these people are but they know who we are...creepy..."

"I think anyone that Sensei and Coach work with know about us," Alex finds himself a little uncomfortable now that he said it out loud.

"True...he also said that we should stick together just in case. So let's eat breakfast quickly," Owen puts the note on the fridge.

"I can't believe we drew those..." Alex looks at the pictures.

"Right? We got turned into babies...still seems so weird..." Owen shakes his head. "We gotta change too, so let's hurry. Sensei said to wear something that we can fight in as well."

"Makes sense, let's hurry," Alex nods his head in agreement.

--

Ava wakes up to Tyler shaking her.

"What is it..?" Ava mumbles sleepily.

"I need you to come eat breakfast with me," Tyler states as if it was super obvious.

"Why?!" Ava pulls the covers over herself. Then Tyler takes them off.

"You meanie!" Ava groans as she gets up, she rubs her eyes. "Is mam trying to tell you about how she and dad met or something since you're asking me?"

"You know it! You're kinda smart after all," Tyler pats Ava's shoulder. "I believed in you, this is good."

"What's good is the fact that I'll just leave you to deal with mam's stories," Ava grins.

"Wha-?! You can't! Please, they're sooooo boring!" Tyler begs. "And I don't wanna be rude 'cause she might end up drinking!"

"Yeah, yeah, just let me get washed up," Ava mumbles as she goes towards the bathroom. After cleaning up she makes her way downstairs to see her mom already telling away and Tyler looking miserable but interested for their mom.

"He is amazing! So handsome and kind! If I'm being honest, his looks weren't the winning factor...it was his big heart!" Their mom rambles.

"Where'd she get today?" Ava asks as she sits on the chair next to the island. "Morning Mam."

"He could do all sorts of things! So I had a lot of fun on our dates! Morning Ava sweetie! He simply was amazing," her mom pours her some toast and eggs.

"The part where she first saw him and then spiraled our of control...this is what happens when she doesn't drink honestly," Tyler shakes his head.

"Either rambling or super depressed, although she's both," Ava says for no reason.

"And the Dad jokes! You guys would love them!" Their mom continues.

"Mam, I'm gonna hang out with my friends today," Ava announces. "Like change and go now."

"I still can't fathom the fact that you have friends," Tyler eats his breakfast.

"Oh ho, you learned the word 'fathom'..." Ava rolls her eyes playfully.

"Indeed I did! You underestimate me too much," Tyler looks smug, his arms crossed. Ava simply shakes her head with a smile.

--

Brenton wakes up to multiple things: kids jumping on his bed, his caretakers trying to get them off and the good smell of breakfast.

"So chaotic..." Brenton grumbles as he watches the chaos.