Wake. Up.

I survived the day I thought I would die

The worst day of my life.
In the end I braced myself for it. I accepted it.
Dying with the one I loved was bearable.
But I didn't. Some call it a miracle.
I call it a lack of luck. Other's would beg to differ.
But all I think about is her death...

~~~*~~~

"Aurora! Where are you?" My father yelled out my name.

I was a child when they came for me.

Buried inside my mother's closet I was still as an icicle hiding from them. The monsters in the shadows everyone in the Kingdom feared became my keepers, my guardians. Carried off by them as I burst into a fit of cry. It's like I was born to make my parents miserable from the very beginning. If only I hadn't been born so strong willed or insisted on going to play outside maybe I'd still have a family.

"Don't send me away father!" I begged him, "Please don't let them take me!"

"It'll only be a little while, then you'll come back to me."

The terror of being back in Sun City, in this castle, never faded. I awoke from a cold sweat and got up to have some cold tea. When I wasn't here I wasn't plagued by the memories of the day I was taken into hiding.

Those two black helmeted wolves who held me down from kicking and screaming. I was only seven. Sometimes I wish I'd been younger so I wouldn't remember they didn't let me say goodbye to her. My father sent me away for the next seven years. And it all happened the day my mother was brutally murdered, thirteen years ago.

While certain memories had remained closed in a box others were not easily forgotten. The day it all happened lingered in my mind but I couldn't find answers. Why my mother and not my father or me? Why her? I was right there. It would've been easier to take me but they didn't. Why not?

My nights were much longer in the castle then they had ever been and I sat all alone, waiting for the truth to come to me. The waiting alone killed me, but the day neared, my 21st birthday when I would gain access to everything I needed to know.

__________________

Hi everyone, thanks for clicking here is a Utopian post- apocalyptic story about a girl named Aurora hope you all enjoy it. Scroll all the way down to see how things work in the Kingdom.

Your author,
A.S.G.

***
Meet the Cast!

***

Drum rolls please....