Chapter 22: Bryan.

I knew I had to do something when Branson walked into the drug store to get a soda.

“Hey you guys.” I said snapping my fingers to get their attention.

All three heads snapped up to look at me.

“Yeah?”

“I know why Mary is pushing him away and I’ll tell you on one condition.”

Aaron looked at me stunned “What is it. Anything.”

“You have to promise not to tell Branson and you have to swear to do exactly as I say.”

They all nodded.

“Good, now listen up.” I quickly and quietly told them what Layla was doing to Mary and by the time I was done they all looked horrified.

“Are you sure you have that right?” Charlie asked.

“I’m positive.”

“I believe it.” Aaron said.

“Yeah, me too.” Sam chimed.

I turned to Charlie.

“I believe you.” He mumbled.

“Okay let’s go then.” I said standing up.

“Go where?” Aaron asked.

“Ugh. No questions. Just come on. Branson can take your car home. Now hurry up.” I ordered. They all got out of the car and fallowed me down the street and to the apartment complex. I filled them inside my small apartment and told them all to sit on the coach while I got a few things.

I left them in the door way as I ran to the kitchen.

“Bryan.” Aaron called.

“What?”

“There’s a guy on your coach…and he’s holding a gun.”

“Oh, that’s just my husband. Is he asleep?”

“Yeah. Wait, you’re married?” Sam asked sounding disappointed.

Sam was cute and I wasn’t that much older than him “We’re separated.” I assured him from the other room “Totally separated.”

“Cool.” Sam said and I could hear the smile in his voice.

“So what do you want us to do with him?” Charlie asked.

“Well, first of all take the gun from him.”

“Okay, done.”

“Now,” I said distracted, looking for the video camera “do you think you can carry him down the hall and into the first room to your left?”

“Sure.” There were some muffled noises and then heavy footsteps.

“Umm, Bryan.” Aaron called again.

I groaned loudly enough for them to hear “What now?”

“There’s no furniture in here. Like seriously nothing.”

“Yeah, so? I know that. Just lay him down on the floor.” I said.

“Well, all right.” Charlie called back.

“Yes!” I said when I found the video camera, and then I walked through the two rooms and into the hall where they were all standing starring at Simon asleep on the floor. I closed the door and took out a key for my pocket. I locked the door.

They all stared at me.

“What?” I asked “When he wakes up he’s still going to be drunk and he’ll be angry as always. I lock him in there until the alcohol wares off and he’s back to normal.” I said.

“Oh, okay…” Sam said.

Oh, crap I had scarred him.

“Here look.” I said lifting my shirt half way up, revealing the big black bruise. “That’s what happens when I don’t lock him in there.”

“Bryan, are you safe staying here by yourself?” Aaron asked.

I laughed “Of course. As long as I’ve got my gun I’ll be fine.” I said snatching it from Sam’s hand “Even dozed Simon knows I have a good shot. You see that picture on the wall?”

They all turned their heads too look at the sad clown picture.

“I’m going to nail it right in its big red nose.”

“No way.” Aaron scoffed.

I held the gun and with the first shot hit the clown in the nose.

Sam stared at me “I think I’m in love.”

I blushed “Come one we need to get going.” I said heading down the hall.

“Where are we going?” Charlie asked.

“Mary told me earlier today that she was meeting with Layla.” I explained opening the door and closing it once they were all outside “Layla wanted to talk. They’re going to meet each other at three. I don’t know where so we have to fallow Mary for a while. Once we find her we’ll call Branson and tell him to come meet us. He’ll see it with his own eyes, break up with Layla, and be with Mary. If he doesn’t get there in time we’ll have caught the whole thing on tape.” I said waving the video camera in their faces “Now get in the car.” I said.

“Excuse me? That car?” Charlie asked pointing to Simons old rusty van.

“Yeah, that car. Mary would recognize my car and yours. This one is big enough for all of us and the windows are darkened so she won’t see its us. Now get in the damn car you big bunch of babies.”