Chapter 18: Mary.

I was almost asleep when there was a knock at my door. I hadn’t slept a wink last night in that stupid hospital bed and now I was home, in my nice comfy bed, and someone was interrupting me.

I ran down the stairs, there was furious knocking at the door. “I’m coming. Keep your pants on!” I yelled.

I opened the door to see Sam, Aaron, Charlie, and in-between two on them, a nearly unconscious Branson.

“Oh my god. What happened to him?” I shrieked.

“We were in a car accident; he got the worst of it. The cars somewhere around the corner. It took forever but we pulled him out the metal. We didn’t know what to do. He murmured something about your name and then eventually said your address.” Aaron said in a hurry.

“Well, quick bring him inside. Lay him down on the coach.” I ordered opening the door wider for them. Sam and Charlie dragged Branson inside and onto my living room coach. “Where’s the accident? Around the corner?” I asked as I stuck my head out the door.

“No, no, no.” Aaron said quickly, taking me by the shoulders and leading me inside again. He shut the door behind me. They were all acting wired but they had just been in a car accident, what did I expect?

Fear, terror, sadness. They all washed through me as I noticed the large blood stains on his shirt and pants. He must be bleeding underneath. His hair was a mess, he had a black eye, and his nose was bleeding. Not to mention he had what looked like…like a bit mark on his arm. Something must have hit him.

“Are you all right?” I asked rushing to his side.

He moaned “Mary?” He asked weakly and I swear Sam laughed. What could he possibly find funny about this?

“Yes, it’s me.” I said brushing the hair off of his forehead, revealing his still closed eyes.  But I knew what was under his eye lids. When he opened them he would reveal beautiful blue crystals.

“It hurts.” He complained “It hurts so bad.”

“Oh, someone call an ambulance. I don’t know how to clean a wound this big.” I motioned to his shirt and pants. The cuts must be pretty big. There was blood everywhere.

“I’ll do it.” Charlie said taking his phone out and dialing the correct number. He gave them the information they needed and then he hung up, almost smirking.

“Oh. Mary. It hurts so badly. And I’m so…hot.”

This time Sam was practically doubled over in his attempts not to laugh “What is so funny?” I snapped.

“Nothing, I just. I laugh when I’m sad.” He said “It’s my way of coping with it.”

I sighed “Can I get you a wet hand cloth?” I asked begging to stand, but his hand found my wrists and pulled me back down to my knees beside him.