rain

Namjoon stands back and places his hands on his hips, admiring the empty space where there had been a massive pile of books that he's just returned to their rightful places on the shelves. His back is aching and his hands feel sore, burning hotly with sharp pain, but he feels satisfied with himself for doing a good days work. The library has been closed for an hour now but Namjoon likes to stay behind for a bit longer than was really necessary, needing to tidy the large building up before he can even think of leaving. It was like an itch begging to be scratched, and gave him time just to lose himself in the tasks at hand, his mind going blank of all dark thoughts.

He trails his fingertips across the rows of books, loving the feeling of the book's smooth spines against his fingers. Each book carries with it the scents of those that have read them too, pressed into the pages like flowers, and he's discovered more scents than he'd ever thought possible, even finding the scent of an older omega that had a similar scent to his own.

He finishes up by counting out the money in the tills and locking it away in the safe in the back before collecting his bag and slinging it over his arm, turning the lights off and stepping out through the heavy doors before locking them securely behind him.

He waits patiently underneath his Ryan themed umbrella, complete with ears on the top, watching the raindrops trickle down the bright yellow plastic and falling down to the ground beneath him. He's always loved the fresh scent of rain and he smiles as he breathes in deeply, letting the scent wash over him and reminding him of the rainy walks he took with his grandparents as a child.

The young omega calmly watches buses and cars drive by, making sure to keep off of the edge of the sidewalk so he doesn't get soaked by the large puddles of rainwater collecting at the edges of the roads like little lakes that the tires splash through. He turns his attention to the people walking by then, safe from the rain underneath their own umbrellas.

His thoughts always run deep and he considers that people's colour choice of umbrellas reflects their true natures. Most people opt for black or clear, neutral and safe, but Namjoon's always been bold with his fashion choices. Mostly though, he just loves Ryan. The yellow lion character is irresistibly cute and Namjoon has always been weak for cute things, and it had been a gift from Jackson too.

Namjoon's phone flashes with a notification from the older alpha then and his smile widens as he reads the sappy text. The older boy is reminding him to have a good weekend, and if things get too much for him then the pack won't hesitate to come and pick him up and bring him home again. He's nervous about this weekend because he's spending it with his former pack, and he can't stop his hands from trembling.

Jin stayed for dinner after Jaebum found out he visited the omega, not even giving him a chance to deny his request. It wasn't actually a request anyway since he'd wanted to find out exactly what Namjoon's former pack alpha wanted from him. He wasn't angry like the rest of the pack had been to find out that Namjoon is being courted by them now, except from Jackson and Mark. The two older boy's told Namjoon that they'd expected him to be courted by Jin's pack while they spooned him in bed the night before.

So Namjoon is currently waiting for Yoongi, watching out for the older boy's shiny black car. He isn't here yet, probably running a little bit late from his job at the coffee shop, but Namjoon doesn't mind. It gives him time to think about what's going to happen when he sees all of the pack tonight. So far he's only seen Jin, just over a week ago now, and his heart beat races when he thinks of seeing them all again.

Half of him is excited, his inner omega screaming at him because they might get a chance to work on the bonds whiles he's there. But the other half is beyond scared, making him shake and tremble from the fear of seeing them again, especially of seeing Jungkook. He's still eager to see him though, even if Jackson had sulked and growled for an entire hour after he'd agreed to stay with Jin's pack for the weekend.