Chapter 15 | Perfect Isn't Enough

"Wha—what?" I muttered, my gaze still fixated on the blunt in between his fingers.

"I think you heard it clear the first time." He sneered out.

Adrian's back faced me as he sat there staring into god knows what.

"Adrian," I asked, making my way closer, "Are you okay?"

"Have I ever been?"

My heart dropped.

Who was this man in front of me?

Where was the real cocky, asshole Adrian?

"I—I don't—"

"Stop."He ordered, turning around to me.

His eyes were blood shot and held bags underneath them.

Did he sleep?

"What happened Adri?" I questioned, still standing a mere five feet behind him.

"Justin was right Kenzie."

"So you're going to let him win? Let him rule over our own relationship?" I fumed, frustrated at how this conversation shifted.

"I'm pretty fucked up Kenzie, like real bad."

"So tell me if you want, I'll listen."I softened, looking down at my shoes, "That's what I'm here for."

Immediately, I hear steps walking prompting me to look up.

"Do you really want to hear about how messed up I am?" He asked, almost throwing me a disgusted smirk.

"Yes, I do Adrian."

He took a deep breath before opening his mouth.

"I'm not perfect, I'm far from it."

For the short amount of time I've known Adrian,  I had learned that his popularity among the general public was much greater than the rest of the members.

He was sought after, talked about, and drawn out to be a picture perfect dream man that women (including myself) drooled over and died to get a taste of.

His personality was cold, but yet so warm as it seemed.

It was hard to believe that Adrian was anything other than perfect at times.

"No one ever said you were." I reassured, looking up into his eyes.

"But everyone thinks it."Adrian spits out, narrowing his eyes to keep his glare directly on mine.

"My managers, the fans, the paparazzi, even you—its what engraved into the public's idea of me."

I wanted to object but the worst part was that I couldn't.

It was the horrid truth.

It was like you wanted to tell him that no one cared because he wasn't important but he was.

Everyone cared about something that wasn't even their business.

More confused than I was, I take his hand in mine, urging him to continue.

"They want to hear and see a perfect kid who sings, raps, and dances—they don't want a broken little boy whose parents died—"

I gasp and wrap my arms around him, as if it could ease with the pain.

I felt shameful almost, giving into the sorrow and emotions I had running for him.

"No, I need to." He choked out, frozen in my embraced.