Chapter 1 | Lickable Abs

"I swear to god, your brother's abs are so lickable

"I swear to god, your brother's abs are so lickable." Evie groaned, scrolling through her phone while munching on a Snickers bar.

I rolled my eyes before picking up the medicine ball and doing another set of ab twists.

"Honey refrain from drooling, that's my older brother you're talking about." I groaned, highkey disgusted at her thirsty ass.

"It's not my fault he's a fucking full course meal." She shrugged, giving me a goofy grin as she sprawled herself over the treadmill track.

"Get your ass up before coach yells at you." I muttered, winded from talking while trying to tighten and flex my core.

"It's fine." She moaned, taking another bite of her Snickers bar.

I opened my mouth to interrupt her but my phone beat me to it.

Quickly I answered, smiling knowingly at the contact.

"Talk to me." I grinned, still out of breath.

"Jesus, did you just do a quickie in the closet or something." A familiar voice teased.

"Of course, hurry up so I can get a round two-" I joked, earning a gagging sound from the other side of the phone.

"I'm kidding asshole, I'm conditioning. What did you need?" I asked warily, knowing he was going to ask for something.

"Mom and Dad kind of came up with a new idea." He mumbled, tapping on the other side of the call.

"What did they say this time?" I rolled my eyes, clearly done with the bullshit I wasn't even informed of yet.

"You may *cough* need to come *cough cough* to L.A." Justin replied, mumbling and speeding through.

"Tell me in English, J." I seethed, already catching a glimpse of what I hoped wasn't true.

Evie looked at me, amused as she mouthed 'what's up?', trying to figure out the reason behind my sudden mood shift.

"Mom and Dad said you need to come stay with me at L.A." He slowed down, still nervously tapping in the background.

I laughed.

What type of evil witchcraft was this?

"Hell no, bullshit. I'm freaking 23!" I called, picking up my medicine ball to replace it on the rack. "I'm not going so why do you even bother to tell me this again?" I asked, scoffing at the monstrosity.

"You have to Mack, they say their worried about you staying in Florida alone at the beach house for training. It's either you go or their cutting you from volleyball. You do live in their house after all." Justin explained, clearly just as confused as me.

"What the actual fuck?" I grunted, "They haven't given a flying fuck about what I've done for the last six months and now they want me to pack up my bags and move?" I questioned hypothetically, earning a gasp from Evie.

I knew there was no point in arguing though.

What my parent want is what my parents get.

One way or the other.

"Two weeks, Mack. They told me you'll have a new trainer and coach that will work together with your current trainer and coach to make sure your skills don't rust over. We'll  set up a room for you in the bachelor's pad." He informed me, before waiting for my next response which wasn't much.

"Yea, yea. Bye, love you asshole." I sighed before stopping him, "Wait, Evie is here too."

Evie glared at me, motioning for me to stop mentioning her.

Too late.

"Well, I gotta hit the studio. Bye, love you Mack, see you later Evie!" He responded before ending the call.

"I will never get over you're brother saying bye to me like that bitch, ever." Evie lowkey squealed, grinning stupidly once more.

"Well, you better get over here sayin goodbye to me." I mumbled, wiping off the smile on her face.

With that, she pulled me into a hug and sniffled, indicating she was on the verge of crying.

To be honest, so was I.

California, here I come.

•••
Okay :) that's the first chapter!

What do you guys think?

It's pretty short but the other chapters will be longer.

Most of y'all will prob be coming from 'Third Wheel' so please notice that these are two different books!

With all that aside, please enjoy my loves!

Please comment, vote, share, and follow my account to support me!

-Anne

•••

Updated: 4•24•18

Updated: 4•24•18