Chapter 11 | This Is Practically Illegal

"Whose that droppin' you off?" Cora questioned, waggling her eyebrows.

"A friend." I replied simply, bumping the ball back to her.

She gives me an unamused look, setting the ball back to me as we pepper around.

"Okay, tell me when you wanna spill the truth cause 'friends' don't makeout goodbye." She chuckles before hitting a downball.

We pepper a bit more before Coach calls us over and begins to introduce us to the first official game of the season. Since I had arrived, we had done a couple scrimmages here and there but games wouldn't start until the end of this week.

"So starting lineup is simple with a couple of changes: Jeanette, setter...Cora, middle back... Penelope, right back... Riley, serving... Kasey, right side...Mackenzie, outside." She announced causing a couple girls to start fussing in the back.

"Any questions, comments, or concerns?" Coach asked, nearly ready to dismiss us.

Almost immediately, the red head shot her hand up.

Coach muttered something under her breath before calling, " Yes Jeanette?"

Jeanette cleared her throat before opening that black hole she calls a mouth, "Personally speaking, I don't think that Mackenzie here should hold the spot in the starting lineup. We have girls here that have been with our team longer and she needs to earn it."

Cora rolls her eye causing me to grin and earn an amusing look from Coach, "If you have something to say Ms. Loren, by all means go ahead."

I shrug before deciding on it, "You see Coach, I'm not saying that your girls don't work hard but I think skills don't come over night and that you need to work for it."

Jeanette scoffs before comforting her friend, who I'm guessing was supposed to be in starting lineup if it wasn't for me.

"Look, I know you don't exactly like me but listen, I don't slack around hoping to get better. A game is a game and you need to suck it up. What happens off court stays off court." I sneer, rolling my eyes, "I'm not letting you affect how I'm going to train for the rest of the summer. Unlike you, I don't worry about what you think of me because all I'm honestly here for is to train for the meantime so I can get myself back to my team in Florida."

Coach senses the tension and breaks us up into scrimmage groups. We scrimmage till 1 since we had a cut practice today before we all head to pack up.

"It turns out I have a dentist appointment today so we can hang out another time?" Cora informs me, apologizing for the inconvenience.

"It's fine, I plan on talking to my coach from back home about a couple circumstances." I chuckle.

She smiles and switch her court shoes to slides.

"Lookie lookie, it's Mr. Friendzoned." Cora grins, bumping my shoulder as she walks passed me, causing to turn around.

To my surprise, Adrian was standing there, with a cap and some sunglasses on. His sharp jawline and bold features were still showing as his shirt hugs his muscles tightly, allowing me to undeniably check him out.

Yet, with all that on, Jeanette and her cronies were still trying to talk up a storm.

He wasn't my man but hey, have some decency.

"Hey." He smiles as I near him with Cora walking with me.

Jeanette scoffs for the hundredth time today before waving and sauntering off to do god knows what.

"This, is my friend Cora." I introduce, as he shakes her hand.

"Hey, Cora." Adrian smiles, pulling his cap a little lower and adjusting his sunglasses.

"Shit, you scored a really hot friend." She whispers in my ear before giggling and running off to her car.

"Wow, I totally didn't recognize you with that disguise." I tease, pulling off his sunglasses and hat as we near the car.

"It worked." He shrugs, allowing me to get into his car.

"Thanks for picking me up." I tell him, dropping my bags down near my feet.

"It's nothing, your brother asked me anyways."

Oh yea, my brother.

"Let's head back, shall we?" Adrian smirks.

No doubt we were continuing what we had started this morning.

•••

It was already 3 and we had the whole bachelor pad to ourselves, Adrian and I sitting in his room as we listened to music as we messed around.

"Where are the others?" I asked, walking towards my room to switch into a cami from my jersey.

Adrian followed me, placing his hands on my waist before kissing my neck softly

Quickly, I push him away playfully and head to the bathroom to change as he holds a look of feigned hurt.

On my way out, I grab his hand and we head back to his room before he picks me up and throws me on the bed.

"Did I ever tell you how good you look in those damn shorts?" He grunts, referring to my spandex as he trails kissed down my neck and dangerously close to the v of my v neck cami.

I chuckle before running my hands through his messy hair before he kisses me passionately.

"You know this is like practically illegal right?" I groan, "My brother would actually kill you."

"And I don't care."

•••

Really random update :)

Hope you guys liked it! That picture of her outfit I put in there was made really quick so it doesn't even look right but hey, I tried :)

These chapters I feel you guys don't like but don't worry, we're just getting started!

4th day uploading biactch!

Okay please comment, vote, follow, and share!

Love y'all!

-Anne

•••

Updated: 5•28•18

Updated: 5•28•18