6, Soulmates

Chapter Six,

Shane's POV

"Wake up Beautiful." I felt something poke my cheek repeatedly. Swatting my hand at the sleep intruder caused him to chuckle.

"After I allow you to sleep in my bed you hit me?" He tsked while getting out the causing causing me to sit up quickly to indeed find I was in his bed. Last night events came flooding back and I slammed my hand against my forehead. I feel stupid for allowing Elijah to make me cry and stupid for allowing El'Xavier to see me crying like a baby.

"I'm sorry invading your space like this." Collecting my bowl, I head towards the bedroom door only for hand to reach out and gram my arm.

"It's not problem, I've been waiting years to have you in my bed." He smirked as I blushed and walked out the room in a rush to get out of the tension filled air. Entering the kitchen, I see Ma and Pa giggle with each other like kids. Their attention turns to me and they stop giggling only to give me a knowing facial expression.

"What?" I ask with a raised eyebrow, dumping my bowl in the sink ready to wash it.

"How did you sleep last night?" Ma asked causing Pa to bust out laughing and having to hold on to the counter to keep from falling onto the floor at my horrid expression. I can't believe they know about me sleeping with El'Xavier.

"Be quite." I mumbled, drying off the dish and heading back up to my room to get ready for today.

,,,

"So you watched tv then went to sleep?" Ma asked El'Xavier slowly and he just nodded his head showing no interest in the conversation at all while eating his breakfast. I, on the was blushing looking down at my plate. I know we didn't do anything but just the thought of sleeping with my ex fiancé's brother made me feel like I did something bad.

"Well now I'm disappointed in you son I thought you had more game than that."
Pa exclaimed causing Ma to slap him upside the head and he to lean forward grabbing his head in mocked pain.

"Shut up Lipton!" Ma yelled at him and he put his head down and continued to eat breakfast. El'Xavier picked his plate up and took it to the kitchen.

"Shane are you ready to move on?" I whipped my head over to look at Pa who now had a serious look in his eye.

"I don't know, I just broke up with Elijah yesterday and wouldn't it look bad if less than a month later I'm developing a relationship with his brother?" I asked my second parents. Ma shook her head.

"This might not be something you want to hear but do you think Elijah cared when he had a women under him in less than a month after y'all got engaged?" My jaw went slack. If you think about it I'm holding myself back because of how Elijah would feel when he hasn't put my feelings first not once. I am a strong women I will not allow a man to make me feel as if I am not enough and I will not allow him to stop me from moving on to find better.

El'Xavier walked into the kitchen and looked at my plate then me asking a silent question to see if I was done eating. I nodded and handed my plate to him which he gladly took. Chivalry isn't dead.

"He cares about you more than Elijah ever will, maybe this is what it took for y'all to find out it was meant to be. I believe in soulmates and not everyone's first love turns out to be them. It may take ten times before you run into that person who is meant to stay by you forever and right not I think that person for you is one room away." Pa looked lovingly into Ma's eyes then turned to me with hope. I sighed and stood up from the table.

"I have alot to think about, I will see you guys later." With that I walked up to my room shutting the door and plopping down face first onto the bed. My phone rung beside me a I looked over to see Elijah calling, pushing decline I turned on Netflix to watch On My
Block. I needed to laugh and ease this pain I was feeling in my chest that was awfully close to my heart.