“Hey, need a hand?”

   I snap out of my thoughts and look over to the door, it’s Rye; smiling at me as he walks over.

   “Yes, please.” I reply, chuckling.

   “What can I do to –” before he could finish his question, I give him the spatula. “Oh, okay.”

   I smile at him before I go and make Avery’s food. After eating, we talk about going to Winter Wonderland with the kids – Avery and Rye’s twin brothers – later afternoon. So, once everything was clean; Rye goes back to their house to tell his brothers about it whilst I call Avery’s mom, Melissa, to let her know that I’d be going to Winter Wonderland with her daughter.

   “Yeah, though you are going back to Slough tonight, right?” she asks.

   “We are.” I reply.

   “Okay, I’ll just head straight to Winter Wonderland once I finish what I am doing.” she says.

   “Don’t bother, Lissa, I can just take her back to Nana’s house afterwards.” I assure her.

   “It’s okay, I miss her already anyway.” she chuckles.

   “Alright, I’ll see you later then.” I say, before hanging up.

   I go upstairs and start to get ready, I take a bath and put on a pair of black jeans, a black shirt, and put a red plaid shirt on top of it. I put on a little bit of makeup, before heading to Avery’s room and get her ready. Just as I finish tying her hair, my phone starts to ring as if on cue. I pull it out from my pocket and answer it.

   “Anderson!” Andy chirps, as soon as I answer his call.

   “Hi, Andy.” I chuckle, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

   “So, how are you and Rye doing?” he asks rather teasingly, but I just ignore it.

   “We’re alright, I was with him earlier; he had breakfast with us.” I reply. “By the way, we’re going to Winter Wonderland later, you and the boys might want to come meet us there, the kids are coming with us.”

   “You mean, Shaun and Sammie –”

   “and Avery, my niece.” I say, finishing what he was going to say.

   “Cool, we’ll go.” he immediately replies.

   I chuckle; he can be really easy to convince sometimes, but there are times that it’s the other way around. Just before I could answer, I hear the doorbell ring so I hurry downstairs to answer the door.

  “Alexandria!” Robbie beams, as he pulls me into a hug.

   “Hi, Robbie.” I smile and when we pull away, I put the phone back to my ear. “I’ll call you back later, Andy.”

   “Wait!” he says, just before I hang up.

   “Yeah?” I ask.

  “Let me talk to Rye, please.” he replies.

   Without any questions, I hand the phone to Rye whilst I go and hug the twins who are both very excited to go to Winter Wonderland. I introduce them and Robbie to my grandmother, before going upstairs to get Avery.

   “Aw, she’s so adorable.” Robbie says, making me giggle; that was exactly Rye’s reaction when he first saw her too, they really are brothers. “can I carry her?”

   “Sure.” I reply, as I gently pass him Avery.

   “How old is she?” Sammie asks, reaching up to hold Avery’s hand whilst smiling.

   “Three.” I answer.

   He nods and joins Shaun as they talk to Avery who’s currently in Robbie’s arms; it is such a beautiful sight, I really love this family. I look away and turn to my grandmother and she was smiling at them, as she watches them.

   “They’re such a lovely family.” she says, as I walk towards her.

   “Yeah, they are.” I reply, smiling. “Are you sure you don’t want to come with us?”

  She looks over at me and smiles, “I’ll be okay, dear, just have fun.”

   “Alright, well, we gotta get going.” I sheepishly say.

   I wrap my arms around her for a long hug and kiss her on the cheek, before pulling away.

   “See you again soon, Nana.” I say with a smile.

   “Take care, Alexandria.” she replies, as we walk out to the door.

   After we say goodbye to her, we leave to go to Winter Wonderland.