30 (2:2)

Chapter Thirty (Part Two)

                We’d met up with Brady and Lucy shortly after the photo session thing, and to put it nicely, I was 300 percent losing my shit right about now.

                Lucy had gestured for me to join her a few paces away from all the boys thankfully, and I found that she was mostly just looking for someone to gossip with about all the fashion do’s and don’t’s she’s seen thus far, but I was fine with that.  I’d have found a way to keep a little distance from Harry right now anyway if she hadn’t.  While I didn’t necessarily care about why certain shoes don’t look good with certain dresses or why certain dresses don’t look good on certain people, I could have kissed Lucy for pulling me away from him.  I just needed some space for a while.

                The longer I hung around Lucy, the better I felt.  We’d left the boys at one point to get some refreshments, which I was worried I’d spill on myself or someone else, but I didn’t.  And after Lucy decided to retire the fashion gossip, we got to talking about the movie and how Lucy had read the book and was worried the movie wouldn’t do it justice.

                I grew more and more comfortable every minute, and it was just the break I needed from Harry that when he broke away from my brother and his bandmates, everything was the way it always was upon seeing him.

                “So the film starts soon, I think,” he began.  “If we want good seats, we should probably head in.”

                Brady moved to stand beside Lucy, and I saw him sneakily slip an arm behind her back.  I smirked.  “We’ll be right behind you guys,” he said.  “I’ve got to talk to someone first.”

                “Let’s go,” Niall sing-songed from somewhere behind Harry, who nodded his head in the direction we were to begin walking.

                Lucy and I exchanged a look, though I wasn’t sure what it was supposed to mean, and then I followed Harry’s lead.  Not everyone was going in for the movie yet, but there was enough of a crowd that it was hard to stick with each other.  After a while I gave in and sort of gripped the sleeve of Harry’s coat, and I felt the touch of one of the other boys on my back so that they wouldn’t lose us either. 

                We gathered into easily the largest theatre I’d ever seen, let alone heard of.  It was massive.  And not only were there hundreds of seats, they were comfortable-looking seats.  A bit of a smile lit my face as we wandered around in search of a good spot to sit.

                “Harry, over here,” Liam called, gesturing for us to join him near of a section of seats that were almost directly in the center of the entire place.

                “These’ll do,” Harry nodded.  He let me in the row before him, and I sat where I’d assume would be an end.  Harry was beside me, of course, and then the others sat on his other side or in the row right behind us. 

                I began to settle in, feeling much more at ease than I had earlier.  Chalk that one up to pre-premiere jitters.  Now that I think about it, everything I’d been thinking before had to have been a product of an overactive imagination due to my tireless nerves about this whole ordeal.  Because I felt nothing but what I felt usually now.  And I smiled, because thank God it all finally made sense.

                Beside me, Harry is adjusting his position, leaning to one side in the chair and then the other, crossing his legs and then uncrossing them.  I raised a brow as I watched him, amused at how uncomfortable he was.  He hadn’t noticed me, grimacing as he leaned forward to loosen the laces on one of his boots.  As he leaned, though, I spotted something glint in the faint lighting, and then my eyes zeroed in on the charm dangling from his neck on a long chain.