Part 13

"I was surprised when All Might called me. I didn't expect you to want to continue down the hero path." Endeavor spoke to the young green-haired boy who sat in his office.
"Well, Endeavor, sir, under the right guidance, I'm sure I can still become a hero All Might van be proud of. I also want to continue interning under you because I know you won't treat me carefully or differently. I need that, sir." Midoriya said looking toward where he supposed Endeavor to be sitting.
Endeavor looked at the young boy, how his milky green eyes seemed to look less dull than when he first met with the boy. He understood now why his son was so fond of this boy. Endeavor stood up, walked around his desk, and stood next to Midoriya.
Midoriya could feel the heat closer to his face as Endeavor closed the distance between them.
"Hero-in-training Deku. I, the number one hero Endeavor, will continue to accept you as an intern. I won't treat you any differently, but you will have to work significantly hard than anyone at my agency." Endeavor clasped a hand on Midoriya's shoulder, giving it a tight squeeze.
Midoriya was taken aback when Endeavor spun him around and gave him a push.
"Now get out. I'm busy. Shouto, give this boy a hand."
"Shouto? Shouto was here?"
"Out."
"Come on, Izu, let's get out of here. We've got patrolling and training to do." Todoroki said bridging the grasp between the two. Todoroki looked back at his father who was intent on the paperwork on his desk. He reached out and grabbed Izu's hand, giving the boy a reassuring squeeze.
Midoriya blushed at the contact.

While changing into his costume to go patrolling, Midoriya noticed that Shouto was silent. He couldn't physically see the expressions that he made, but Midoriya could feel the discomfort radiating like heat from his partner. He frowned at the thought of his friend in a state of unpleasantness. 

"What's the matter?" he asked aloud. He heard a sigh. Midoriya furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Shochan! What's the matter?!" Midoriya heard a clatter as if something had fallen. He reached out his hands and felt in the general direction of the noise. "Shochan??" He said becoming concerned now. 

"Izu. Izu, I'm fine. I was taken aback. You've never called me that before." Todoroki said, a deep heat radiating from him. 

"Well why were you ignoring me when I was speaking to you?"

"I was just trying to figure out why you wanted to speak with my father. But I understand now. I admire you for being able to stand up for yourself and continue down your path, no matter the resistance." Todoroki stepped closer to Izuku. 
Izuku felt the tension that became thick in the air. He fidgeted on his feet, uncertain for the first time about something other than his blindness. He had the urge to look upward, tilting his head slightly. He felt a wave of heat then a chill intermingling as Todoroki leaned in closer to him. 

"BOYS! Let's get going! You have a curfew to get back to the dorms and we have a lot of ground to cover today!" a sidekick yelled inside the changing room, causing Midoriya to drop to his knees as Todoroki fell over a bench as he backed away. 
"Also, one of your school friends is joining us today! His mentor is overseas at the moment. We were asked to look after him. Apparently he's fiesty--What happened to you two?!" The sidekick said as he came across the boys. The sidekick, not too sure what to do, walked toward the recently blinded Deku. He reached out a hand, only to have a wall of ice block him. 

"I'll take care of him. You are dismissed. We'll be out momentarily." Shouto said as he helped Midoriya up, glaring daggers into the sidekick until he scampered away. "You all right?" 

"Yes, I'm fine. My knees became weak all of a sudden! That's all!" Midoriya looked upward in the direction of Todoroki's voice and gave him a dazzling smile. 

"OI! ARE YOU TWO SHITHEADS COMING OR NOT?" came from across the locker room. 

Bakugo stood in the doorway dressed in full hero gear. He stomped up to Midoriya who was fidgeting. 

"Oi." Bakugo said as he spoke to Midoriya, his tone softening. Bakugo gave a sideways glance to that half-n-half bastard. He turned so that he wouldn't see his expression. 

"That support class freak asked me to give this to you." 

"Kacchan! My new gear! Oh thank you!" Midoriya looked upward toward Bakugo's voice and smiled brilliantly. "Oh guys! Let's go patrol!" Midoriya shouted, stamping his staff against the ground, adjusting his gear settings, and walking forward, uninhibited. 
Todoroki and Bakugo stood back for a minute and glared at one another. 

"It smell like a dog taking a piss in there to you?" a sidekick said to another as they passed the locker room. 
"Yea, a little."