Reunion

"Your phone's ringing Maddy!" Kevin called out as Matt turned the water off in the shower. "Want me to get that for you?"

"No thank you Kevi, I'm coming out now!" Matt replied as he snatched the overly long towel from the towel rack and wrapped it around himself. Stumbling out towards his phone as the chime began a second time. He ran his fingers through his short-cropped hair, sending dribbles of water down towards his neck. Drying his hand on the towel, he snatched his phone, on the last few seconds of the ring. Pressing answer without looking at it, Matt answered. "Hello?"

"Hello Matt." A deep voice said, sending shivers down his spine as dread began to creep into his soul.

Matt quickly hung up the phone feeling numbness seize his body. Years of pain came rushing back to him making him feel sick. Dropping the phone, he cringed when it hit the floor as he began walking towards Kevin. "Who was is it?" Kevin asked, looking over to Matt curious only to see tears in his eyes. "Oh god, Maddy are you okay?" He said standing up and grabbing ahold of him. The phone began to ring again, and Matt began to tremble.

"Don't call me..." Matt mumbled out disoriented as his legs began to shake. "You left a long time ago. Leave me alone, don't come back!" His whole body beginning to shake as the phone's calling tune echoed through the room.

"It's ok Maddy, you don't have to be afraid. I've got you baby..." Kevin whispered in his ear, running his fingers through Matt's wet hair. "Just ignore it for a little longer. It's almost over..."

Tears flowing freely from Matt's trembling eyes made Kevin pull him closer. The towel lifting up with the pressure revealing his scars on his legs. The cool air sent Matt over the edge, reliving the moment he first got them. Making him cry all the more. "He- He can't call me. He's gone!" Matt whimpered against Kevin's chest. "He left a long time ago." The phone stopped ringing, and the silence consumed the room.

"Maddy, who was it?" Kevin asked with an anxious tone. "Who just called you?"

Trembling in silence, Matt closed his eyes in fear. "He's gone..."

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

The sound made them both jump, but Kevin was the first to recover. "Maddy stay here, and don't make a sound." He instructed before starting towards the door. When he got there, he opened the door just enough to peer through. "Hey now's not a good time." Kevin paused for a second, and Matt watched his body stiffen.

"Is Matt here?" A masculine voice asked in an angry tone. "His parents would like to speak with him for a second."

"Keith watch your mouth. This is Matt's best friend." A female voice echoed out to Matt. "Hey Kevin, I know this is probably going to be a shock, but Keith is here, and wanted to see Matt and apolo-"

"No." Kevin interrupted, his voice falling flat, "I'm sorry Rebecca you're going to have to go, he is not welcome here."

The deep voice boomed through the room, anger beginning to cultivate. "Who the fuck do you think you are? I don't care if you are his friend, you have no right to-"

"I'm the one who took care of him after you beat him you sick fuck!" Kevin interrupted again, "How dare you try and come here, after all you put him through!" Slamming the door hard enough to make Matt recoil, Kevin rushed back over towards him. "Maddy get dressed we are going out." The voices outside began to argue.

"Was that, my momma?" Matt asked unsure of what else to say.

"No sweety. That was a stupid salesman trying to sell us things. Get dressed we're going to go out." He reached down and gently helped Matt to his feet, guiding him towards the dresser. "Something casual, we're going to the aquarium."