its been a long day

luke entered the house with a sigh, kicking off his shoes from his sore feet, and slowly walked into the kitchen. he grabbed a cup from one of the cabinets and filled it with water before chugging it down.

"lukey!"

luke squeezed his eyes shut, his headache only pounding at his boyfriend's yell.

he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist, and small kisses being placed on his back.

"how was work?" michael asked, removing his arms from luke's waist.

"fine." luke mumbled, pouring more water into his cup.

michael frowned. "is there something wrong?"

luke shook his head, chugging down the water once again before placing it in the sink. "m' gonna take a shower."

before luke could walk off, michael grabbed his wrist and turned him around. "baby what's wrong?"

luke shook his head. "please leave me alone."

michael felt hurt, but he let go of luke's wrist and watched him as he slowly went to the bathroom. he sighed, knowing something was obviously wrong with his boyfriend. he waited a few minutes before going into the already steaming bathroom and took off his clothes, joining luke in the shower.

the blonde just stood there with the back of his head in the water with his head down.

"luke...?" michael trailed off softly.

he heard a sniffle and luke turned around with red rimmed eyes and a few tears falling down his cheeks.

michael frowned, wiping them away. "baby..."

"m' s-sorry.. just had a bad day at work s' all." luke choked out.

michael shook his head. "there's nothing for you to be sorry about. i'm gonna take care of you okay? is that alright with you?"

luke slowly nodded. "o-okay."

michael smiled, tugging luke towards the water and made sure all of his hair was wet before lathering shampoo in his hair.

luke's mouth fell open, a small groan leaving his lips and michael chuckled.

the shower wasn't supposed to be long, but luke insisted of washing michael even though the boy already took a shower while luke was getting ready.

michael stepped out of the shower, holding out a dark grey towel for luke. the blonde shivered at the coldness and quickly wrapped himself with the towel.

michael grabbed another towel to get the access water from the blonde's head so it wasn't soaking wet when he got dressed. luke did the same for his boyfriend and they both went to their bed rooms and got dressed in comfy clothes.

luke in a pair of light grey joggers and a black t-shirt, and michael in a pair of black leggings and a baby blue sweater.

they flopped on the bed, and michael spooned his much taller boyfriend but he didn't mind.

"thank you." luke whispered.

michael kisses the back of his neck. "any time baby."

_______

words: 489

i'm so sorry for the long wait (pretty sure no one cares but anyways) i don't have any other ideas at the moment, and this is something that i came up with after i red something off of tumblr. (i didn't copy it, there's this account on their that has these prompts that you can use.)

does anyone have any requests? as long as it's not smut (i might write smut one day, idk) then i'll do whatever.