bad at love pt.3

the two boys sat down at a table, not saying a word for a while until michael spoke up.

"i'm really sorry um..." michael trailed off, realizing he didn't know the blonde's name.

"luke." the blonde muttered, clearly still upset and a bit angry.

michael grew quiet again, and bit his lip. he sighed, and slowly sipped on his water.

this time, luke spoke up. "i'm sorry, i just don't understand why you yelled at me for no reason."

michael looked up at the blonde, and then back down to his hands. "i um.. ran out of my anxiety medicine and-"

luke cut him off, his eyes wide. "oh my god i'm so sorry! if i would've know i-"

"it's okay luke, but that's not why i yelled at you." michael smiled sadly.

luke raised his eyebrow in confusion. their food arrived and they ate, going to a different topic and learned a bit more about each other. immediately both of the boy's moods lightened up and enjoy their date.

michael was surprised that he didn't freak out or run off. the memories of the past years disappeared as he laughed or smiled at luke's stories or his 'funny jokes'.

he truly enjoyed being with luke, and didn't think once about not wanting to here with luke. his stomach fluttered with simple gestures luke did, like rubbing his thumb over his hand, or winking at him whenever he complimented him.

after the bill arrived and they argued for five minutes about who was going to pay, they both split the bill so they could leave and shut up. they left the restaurant, and before they went to their cars, luke pulled michael's hand and hugged him.

"thanks for tonight." the blonde whispered.

michael smiled, hugging him back. "no problem."

they stayed in each other's arms for a few more minutes before pulling away. luke quickly kissed michael's cheek, winking and walked off to his car. michael chuckled, biting his lip and drove home with a huge grin on his face.

❣︎ ❣︎

"luke i swear if this is your way of killing me you're gonna regret it when i haunt you for life." michael threatened, almost tripping over his own feet as luke led him wherever they were going.

after their first date, the two boys started hanging out more, and go on a date every few nights. they grew closer in the two weeks, and it was only a few more minutes until it was the start of the valentine holiday. michael was exhausted, just about to fall asleep until his phone rang and luke told him to meet him outside.

so now, luke was leading a blindfolded michael in a empty park (that was closed but luke knew a certain police officer and was allowed to throw his little surprise for his new lover). luke stopped, and michael began to squirm, muttering curse words and other things like "i'm dead," or "this is where i die," or even "see ya in heaven papa,"

luke rolled his eyes, and decided to tease michael a little. he always carried a pocket knife for protection, and backed up from michael, watching the younger boy freak out. he flipped the blade, and michael yelped.

"luke please! i still haven't been to a harry styles concert! please don't, luke please!" michael whimpered.

luke widened his eyes, quickly putting the knife away and hugged the shaking boy. "i'm sorry baby, i was just teasing you i'm sorry."

michael slapped where he thought where his chest was, instead slapping his neck. "do that again and i'll have my dead papa come down and whoop you with his paddle, and trust me, you won't be sitting for months."

luke laughed, and nodded, kissing michael's forehead.

he waited for michael to calm down, before untying the blindfold. he was met with a pair of bright green eyes, a bit pink probably from tearing up when luke scared him.

"hi," michael whispered.

"hi," luke laughed quietly.

they stared at each other for a few seconds, and luke spoke. "ready to see your surprise?"

michael nodded, his lips curling into a smile.

"okay, turn around sweetheart." luke mumbled.

michael turned around and gasped. two boys he's never seen yet we're standing and holding a box of chocolates and blue roses, and the other holding a huge teddy bear that looked like the first bear luke gave him when they first met. there were pink and red lights strug across two trees, pictures that they've taken together clipped to the lights, and lastly a huge sign that said the classic "be my valentine?"

luke wrapped his arms around michael's shoulders, and kissed his cheek. "so? what do you think?"

michael was speechless. in all of the relationships he's been in, he's never done this, and no one has ever done something like this for him. "i-i love it."

"ask him the question already! this bear is heavy!" the boy holding the bear groaned.

"shut up calum, this is payback for having to hold all of your crap you gave ashton." luke shouted, laughing.

calum, one out of the two boys michael now knew the name of, groaned once again.

michael faced luke, giving him a questioning look. "what's the question he's talking about lu?"

luke took a deep breath, and took both of michael's hands in his. "i know how your past relationships were, but my promise to you right now is that i, luke robert hemmings, will make this your best relationship you've ever had. well, if you say yes to this very important question that could change our lives. so, michael," luke paused, and stepped closer, "will you be my boyfriend?"

michael quickly nodded, smiling and wiping the few tears that fell down his cheeks.

luke looked down at his watch, and back up to michael. "it's only one more minute until valentine's day starts." luke whispered, leaning his forehead on michael's.

michael hummed, looking up into the blue eyes he's fallen in love with. "and what are your plans?"

"before i tell you what wonderful plans i have for us, i have one last question." the blonde smiled.

"okay, shoot."

"may i kiss you?" luke whispered.

michael nodded, and shortly he felt a soft pair of lips on his. he quickly kissed back, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's neck, humming as he felt luke's arms wrap around his waist.

michael pulled away, and luke left small kisses on his lips and nose. he glanced back down at his watch, and smirked. "happy valentine's day, love."

______

words: 1,097