beer and kisses

the after-show adrenaline usually ended with a few drinks, snacks, and dancing to the music that they choose to play. the band gave each concert their all, and it was worth the sweat and racing heart rate. nothing made the band happier than hundreds of fans singing back the lyrics they wrote.

this night was different though, as it was the last concert of the tour. they wanted to end the tour with their best performance. yes, they do their best each night but tonight needed to be memorable. they sang with more passion, played with more passion, people walking by the stadium could hear how dedicated the band was.

the after-show adrenaline felt intense. they gave in to every urge of a yell they had. they went to the dressing room for their 'after-show mini party' as they waited for the crew to pack everything up. ashton poured four shots, clinking their glasses together and drinking the lemon flavored vodka he had poured. they could sip on any other alcoholic or nonalcoholic drink for the remainder of the mini party.

ashton and calum were in the middle of recording a part for the tour diary (and for memories), shirtless and only dressed in their pants, arms slung over each other's shoulders as they wailed out the lyrics to the song that was blasting through the speaker.

michael laid across the couch, his legs resting on luke's lap. luke's hand subconsciously rubbed the calf of his leg, recording their other two bandmates from his phone and laughing as he zooms in to their faces. he shows the video to michael, which causes the man to snort. luke posts it to his instagram story and puts his phone down. he makes grabby hands at michael, jutting out his bottom lip in a pout. "i want cuddles."

michael playfully rolls his eyes and moves his legs. "aw, the poor baby needs cuddles?" luke lays on top of michael, causing the guitarist to grunt, and luke smiles innocently. "yes, yes he does." he adjusts himself, slotting his legs between michael's, and rests his head on michael's shoulder. "luke you're too damn tall to be on top."

"maybe you're too short."

"maybe you shouldn't be like seven feet tall."

"well maybe you-"

"oi! quit your bickering and join in the tour diary!" calum shouts, catching the attention of the two.

luke ungracefully rolls off of michael, causing them both to tumble off the couch and roughly land on the floor. ashton and calum laugh at their pain, pointing the camera at the two boys on the ground. their legs are tangled together, twisting in an uncomfortable way and michael is surprised they didn't break their legs.

"get off!" michael whines, weakly trying to push luke off of him. the blond is laughing so hard, his eyes squinted closed and tears pooling in the crinkles. his laugh brings an unknown joy to michael, and the guitarist can't help but smile and laugh along too.

to everyone but michael and luke, it was painfully obvious the two liked each other. just like it was always calum and ashton, it was always michael and luke. if luke were upset, michael would be the person he'd want for comfort. if michael were upset, luke would be the person he'd want for comfort. for any situation at all, they would want each other. they spent the most time together on stage, laughing and having the time of their lives.

luke finally untangles himself from michael, standing up and dusting off his pants. he holds out his hand to help michael stand up, and the guitarist can't help the small blush that coats his cheeks when their hands interlock. his blush deepens when luke doesn't let go of his hand and leads him over to calum and ashton. luke shoves his face into the camera, making a weird face and sound, causing both ashton and calum to laugh.

michael let's go of luke's hand to grab another beer, missing the younger singer's pout when he does. ashton and calum look at each other, shaking their heads. "they're so fucking oblivious." ashton whispers, giggling to calum. luke raises an eyebrow at his comment, placing a hand on his hip. "what is that supposed to mean?"