Chapter 29: Dream Within a Nightmare

En başından başla

She held her hair up to better examine her figure, inspecting the body the he had clung to so urgently. What did he think of her appearance? Was he enchanted by her transformation in something much more dark and daring like the men who danced with her that night were? Or did he truly just love her the way she was? Would he want her to start changing her appearance or did her normal exterior flatter him just the same? Hermione wrapped her arms around her body, remembering the stronger ones that had been locked around her waist just before. She laughed out of giddiness and ran her hands through her hair, trying to soak in all the memories and thoughts that were flashing left and right across her mind.

She tightly closed her eyes, wishing he was there with her now so he could wrap her up in a hasty and wanting kiss as he had done when they were saying goodbye. It was so full of love and passion when he had grabbed her to him to claim her lips one last time before they really had to stop and rest. She giggled when she remembered his face after their romantic encounter with them on the floor. Snape had looked stunned and was completely speechless. It was as if he didn't even know who he was and was clueless with what to do next. He had turned to her for support and direction in his moment of utter confusion and realization at how close he really was to letting loose and claiming her for his own.

Listening to the silence, she let her ears be overwhelmed with the silky deep voice that had serenaded her all night long with stories and explanations. Hermione had to admit to herself that she asked him so many questions to not only learn from him but to constantly hear his voice echo through her very being. She was wrapped up in a warm sensation every time his voice sounded, even in insult. Hermione climbed back into bed for protection from the coldness in the air from the wintery season that had overtaken the dungeon and turned it into its own personal muggle freezer. She wrapped the covers around her body and shut her eyes tightly. What would it be like if Snape was next to her? Would he wrap her up in his arms and fall asleep or would he be furthering their affections just like he had earlier. Would he be pinning her to the bed and kissing her like a mad man? Would he let her feel his weight against her body as he gave her access to taste the sultry remnants of the wine in his mouth as he took her for his own in the midst of the cold, blizzard morning?

She curled up into a ball and held her hands to her heart, letting her mind take her to new places as she finally started to drift off. Before she left her world and entered another, she smiled softly,

"I love you, Severus."

Snape walked up the steps to see Professor McGonagall with a scowl on her face, seated at her desk. Her hands were folded tightly and her glasses were pushed up all the way on the bridge of her nose. Her fashionable witch's hat sat on the desk while her now very gray hair sparkled in the early morning rays that were pouring through the office. Snape was briefly brought back to the evening before, Hermione was an angel to him and their night had been exquisite and full of passion… something he had always dreamed of and now he was going to face the one person who would probably ruin their run of emotions.

"Severus," she stared at his disheveled figure.

"Yes Headmistress?" he asked, trying to act like nothing had happened although he knew she obviously could tell that something had.

Snape's hair was messier than usual, he had more color to his pale skin, and he was wearing the same clothes from the party and it was tousled about with his cravat and collar open. He stood in front of her desk; he always hated to sit, it made him feel vulnerable and susceptible, like he was less of a person. McGonagall's mouth formed a thin line with disdain, as though she was going to punish a child. She had always had a soft spot for the confusing Potions Master and had watched him grow from an unreasonable child into a heroic man.