Almost

"Merida, what are you doing?"

"Tryin...ta...get...this...on...ma...'ead..." Merida panted continued to squeeze her curls into the tiny box.

"We noticed but why?" Elsa rolled her eyes, keeping her voice in a hush whisper.

They had managed to sneak out in the halls and now they were hiding behind a couple of trolleys and trashcans. The building seemed nothing extraordinary so their goal was to find a way outside. Everyone was staring at Merida now that she had decided to randomly start fitting a box on her head.

"So 'ey won't notice we're ah wee bit different. Ya know, ah disguise," Merida shrugged and continued to struggle.

"I do want to walk freely..." Rapunzel said admittedly and then started to shuffle through the junk in hope for another box.

"No, no, no," Elsa shook her head, "We're not walking freely. They'll notice! We're lucky Sully and Mike were the ones that found us and now we're disobeying them!"

"Come on, Snowflake," Jack nudged Elsa's side, "It'll be fun!"

Elsa groaned and after a lot of encouraging, she finally agreed. They all had their own kind of disguises. Merida tied her hair in a high ponytail hat seemed to be a weird, bouncing pom-pom on her head. She then squeezed a box to cover her face and poked out some eye holes with her arrows. 

Rapunzel wrapped her hair up so it was a giant cone on her head and the rest of her hair wrapped her body, as if mummifying her. Hiccup just covered his face with a box, too and also some newspaper strips on his arms and legs.

Elsa had frosted herself an oddly shaped ice dress that covered her nose and mouth and she let her hair loose. Jack frosted himself a long beard and shoved a box on his head. Each of them found different coloured jams or paint and smudged it on their exposed skin.

"What about Toothless?" Hiccup hissed. The dragon looked so innocent and confused. He barely knew what was going on.

"Here!" Merida painted some white polka-dots on him and shoved a eye-holed box on Toothlesses head. His green eyes peeked out and Hiccup continued help but laugh at him.

"You look pretty," Jack chuckled. The piece of fabric covering Elsa's nose, mouth and cheeks was actually not that bad and the white paint on her face brought out her blue eyes.

"No, I look absolutely ridiculous..." Elsa groaned, shifting uncomfortably in her half-deflated dress.

"We look silly!" Rapunzel burst out laughing, her weird hair cone towering on her head. Her voice came out muffled since her mouth was covered with her own hair. The only thing that was peeking out were her eyes, fingers, skirt and feet which were covered in some pink jam.

""Punzie, shhh!" Elsa shushed but it was too late. A strange slopping noise was heard and the trashcan that they were hiding behind moved.

"Who's there?" A weird, purple squid creature squinted at them. Rapunzel squeaked in terror while Merida tightened her grip on the bow. Jack quickly grabbed his staff while Hiccup held Toothless back.

"S-sorry, sir," Elsa stumbled up and tried to sound polite, hoping that the creature bought their silly appearances, "We didn't mean to intrude..."

"Well, you are!" The squid snapped, "Get outta here before I call your parents!"

Elsa sighed in relief and the others quickly stumbled up and ran. The creature didn't seem to notice their disguises or even Toothless. As they took a turn in the hallway, Elsa heard Squid mutter angrily:

"Teenagers..."

...

The sun was setting and casting a reddish glow on their silly appearances. The cars, the fruit, the monsters...they were nothing like the things they've seen before. Rapunzel was practically singing with happiness. After all, she was the Guardian of Freedom and it seemed like forever before they found their way out of that Laugh-building.