Chapter Seventeen : Pure Bliss

« I love you
with all my heart »

I was released from the hospital a day after Charlotte had told me what had happened to her in the past

I was released from the hospital a day after Charlotte had told me what had happened to her in the past. I was grateful that she had finally trusted me enough to tell me, but I had a strong feeling that she wasn't telling me the whole story. I didn't want to push her for answers, I didn't want things to go back to how they were when we first started talking.

"Eliot?"

I looked to my right and saw Charlotte snapping her fingers.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I've been calling you for like five minutes." She replied with an annoyed look.

"Sorry Charlotte, what were you saying?" I said.

"I was saying that we should go out and do something today. If you're up for it." She smiled.

"I'm up for it, and I have the perfect thing in mind." I smirked.

I had no idea what Charlotte liked to do, but I had an idea about where I wanted to take her.

☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻

"Ice skating? It's August." Charlotte said confused.

"I know it's August. This rink is open all year around. I used to come here for years, just to skate and get everything off of my mind." I said, smiling slightly at the end.

We both walked up to the counter and got our skates. It took a few minutes for us to put them on - and by us I mean Charlotte. I had to help her but we finally did it - we were ready to go.

"What the hell!" Charlotte yelled as she stepped onto the ice and instantly fell.

I laughed but instantly stopped as Charlotte sent me a nasty glare.

"I'm sorry. Here, let me help you." I said as I skated closer to her and offered her my hand.

She grabbed onto my hand and I pulled her up. Her arms gripped my shoulders and we were chest to chest. I stared into her eyes, as she did to mine. Her eyes swirled with an unknown emotion.

"Excuse me? You're blocking the entrance." Someone said with a cough.

Charlotte moved away from me but still held onto my hand so she wouldn't fall. I grabbed her other hand as well before slowly skating away from the entrance. You know how kids look when you try and teach them to skate? That's what Charlotte looks like. She had that scared but adorable look on her face as her eyes were big and her feet kept sliding out, almost as if she was trying to do the splits.

"Make your feet like a penguin, or a large slice of pizza." I said.

Charlotte looked up and her eyes locked with mine. Her eyes were big and held fear, but also curiosity. She slowly moved her feet together and stood still on the ice. Charlotte gave me a small smile and I smiled back.

"Now slowly push your left foot out and then bring it back in. Then repeat the same steps with your right foot." I instructed.

Charlotte took a deep breath before pushing off with her left foot. She slowly glided across the ice, and without falling.

"Hey! I'm doing it!" She yelled happily.

I smiled as I watched her glide around the rink. I was glad that I could make her smile and have fun.

We spent a few hours at the rink before returning home with tired muscles.

"That was fun." Charlotte said as we entered my apartment.

"Yeah, it was." I agreed.

We both walked into the living room and sat down. An awkward silence passed threw us before I decided to break it.

"I realized that while you told me the story about how you got kicked out, I never told you anything about me. I know that you told me cause you wanted to and now I want to at least explain something about my life to you." I said.

I looked at Charlotte and she gave me a small nod, as if to say that if I wanted to talk then I could.

"A few years ago I met a girl named Savannah. We dated for three years before I found it how much of an evil snake she was. She used me for money, sex and attention. All while lying to my face. Yet the sad thing is, I loved her, I really did. She took around seven thousand dollars from me before just disappearing into thin air. That's not even what I was mad about either. I was mad that I wasted three years lover her while she was just using me." I started.

I was about to continue when Charlotte straddled my lap and put a finger to my lips. She moved her hand and wiped the tears off of my cheek. I didn't even know I had been crying.

"She was horrible. She didn't deserve your love Eliot. I'm so sorry you had to go threw that." She said quietly.

"Yeah, she was horrible." I chuckled.

Then something I had always hoped but never expected from Charlotte, happened. She kissed me. The kiss was raw and passionate while showing all of her emotions. I didn't get a chance to respond before she pulled away.

"Eliot I...I love you ok. I have for a while now. I know you probably hate me and —" She rambled but I cut her off by kissing her.

"I love you too Charlotte. I have for a while." I replied happily.

Charlotte crashed her mouth onto mine. I lifted her up and carried her to my room, all while being careful not to break the kiss. I laid her down on the bed before breaking the kiss.

"Charlotte are you sure?" I asked.

"Positive. I love you idiot." She smiled.

"I love you too Charlotte and if you want to go home, I will too. I promise." I smiled back.

"Are you serious?" She asked surprised.

"I am." I replied honestly.

"I love you Eliot." She said again

"I love you too." I repeated.

We both kissed over and over again and I did it with a smile on my face. The rest of that night was spent in pure bliss.

This chapter was WAY longer before but Wattpad crashed while I was writing and deleted over half of the chapter.

I also realized this book is almost over. It has one more chapter left.

Question: how is back to school going for you guys?

My answer: Horrible