Chapter Fourteen : Gone

« Life Is A Precious Gift »

"Hey Eliot! Welcome back man

"Hey Eliot! Welcome back man."

"Glad you're ok Eliot."

"Welcome back."

People greeted me as I walked throughout the institution. I really didn't want to be here but Charlotte had convinced me. I had to be here so I didn't look suspicious or anything.

I headed towards the boss's office so I could tell him I was back and receive yet another new schedule. One without Charlotte in it.

"Eliot, welcome back. I heard you were sick and then you were on the ride at the fair when it all collapsed." The boss greeted.

"Yeah I was both sick and on that ride. I was just here to say that I'm back and to ask for a new schedule since that patient is still missing." I said.

"Oh of course. Let me just print it out and then you can be on your way." He smiled.

"Thank you." I replied.

"No problem. Glad you're back." He said.

A few moments later my schedule was in my hand and I was making my way to my office. I didn't have to see a patient for a few hours and there was only one of them had to see anyways.

☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻ ❥ ☻

I knocked on the door of room seventeen to make sure the patient knew I was here.

"Hello Keaton, my name is Eliot and——-Emith what the hell?!"

I stared at Emith while he stood in the corner of the room.

"Ok listen man, we don't have much time but you need to leave. Leave Charlotte, leaver here, leave everything." He said urgently.

"What? Why? Emith what is going on?" I asked.

"They're going to kill you Eliot. They couldn't find you before cause your dad hid you well but now they know where you are. They WILL kill you." He exclaimed.

"I can't Emith." I sighed.

"Eliot I'm telling you this because you seem like a good guy. I hate the way our world is run and I want you to survive. You shouldn't become a part of this." He replied.

"I can't. I made a promise to her." I said.

"No, no, no! Eliot you can't do this! You can't lo—-damn I need to go." He stuttered.

Emith suddenly disappeared and I yelled.

"Someone!" I yelled.

People came running up the stairs and stopped at the door.

"Where the hell is the patient?" Someone yelled.

"There was no patient when I got here." I lied.