Chapter Six : I'm Not Going Back

« I ran away and I'm
not ever going back »

When I awoke in the morning, my head was killing me

When I awoke in the morning, my head was killing me. I groaned and turned to look at my dresser. A glass of water and a bottle filled with Advil were there. I must have put them out before I got home.

I didn't remember much of what happened after Jared went off with those women. It was all fuzzy to me.

I got out of my bed and took two of the painkillers. I chugged the glass of water and sighed in content, already feeling them getting rid of my headache. I ran my hand through my hair before walking towards the kitchen.

I never got the the kitchen. I got to the living room. In the living room was all of my stuff, including my couch. Yet it was what was on top of my couch that made me stop and stare. There, sleeping on my couch, was Charlotte. Who was also wearing an old sweatshirt and a pair of shorts. I realized after a moment, that the clothes were mine. I stared at her in shock, amusement and curiosity. I smiled brightly before continuing to go to the kitchen. I pulled out all of the things I needed to make pancakes before starting to cook.

"What's going on?"

I turned around to see Charlotte standing in the kitchen.

"I'm making breakfast. Hope you don't mind but I made pancakes." I replied with a smile.

"Pancakes are fine." She said before sitting down at the table.

I flipped a few pancakes on to two plates before setting them on the table. Charlotte didn't look up.

"I hope you don't mind. I didn't have anything else to wear." Charlotte spoke.

"It's fine." I smiled.

We ate breakfast in silence. It always seemed to be quiet when I was around Charlotte. Charlotte always screamed danger and confidence. I've never met a girl like her before.

"I should probably leave now." Charlotte said.

I looked up to see Charlotte had finished breakfast and was now staring at me.

"Ok. I can drive you if you'd like. I've got to go in for work today anyways." I offered.

"What happens if they see me with you?" She asked.

"I'll just say I took you out for breakfast because I thought it would be good for your recovery." I said with a shrug.

"Is that even aloud?" She asked with a smirk.

"Who knows." I replied honestly.

I picked up both of our plates and started doing the dishes. A cold hand was placed on my shoulder and I jumped in surprise.

"I've got it." Charlotte mumbled.

I moved out of her way and watched as she surprisingly started doing the dishes.

"You really don't have to." I spoke after a moment.

"It's fine. I'm out after all." She replied.

I could tell there was a smirk on her face. She always seemed to have a devious smirk on her beautiful face.

"Not for long." I whispered.

I knew she hated it there, but I couldn't just let her leave.

"I'm not going back." She laughed wickedly.

"What do you mean you're not going back? You have to." I said.

"Nope. Doesn't affect me if I'm there or not."

"Charlotte."

"No, don't even speak. You said you'd help me and now I'm holding onto that Eliot."

I sighed in frustration. I knew I promised to help her, but I could lose my job over this.

I quickly ran to my bedroom and grabbed my phone. I had several missed calls from Jared and two from my boss. I dialed Jared's number and waited for a response.

"Finally! We've been calling you all morning man." Jared yelled as he answered my call.

"Sorry man, I'm sick. I think it was all of the alcohol from last night." I lied.

"You can't be sick right now, shits gone so wrong." I heard him mumbled.

"What happened?" I asked, even though I knew what was going on.

"That girl, the new one, she's missing. She just disappeared out of her cell. The security cameras didn't even see her leave." He explained.

"Damn, actually? How the hell is that possible?" I asked with fake interest.

I just wanted to sleep.

"I really don't know, but hey get better soon. I'll tell the boss you're sick." Jared replied.

"Thanks Jared." I said happily.

"No problem. Bye." Jared spoke before hanging up the phone.

"Well looks like I'm not going back." Charlotte laughed as she leaned against the door to my room.

I guess not. 

A.N : Chapter six is out. Let me know what you guys think about it.

Q: Do you like the rain?

My answer: Yes, I love it.

Decided to post early again. New chapter will still be up on Saturday