Dance

Harry breathed heavily before saying a word. He was sat on his bed next to Ginny who was on the seat opposite him, waiting for Harry to speak. An awkward silence swam through the air for about a minute until Harry decided to just do it.

"I'm gay", a large sigh came out from the boy's mouth, he finally said it out loud and accepted it.

"What?! All this time you liked another boy, not another girl?"

"Yeah..", he quietly muttered

"Who is it?"

"I...erm.."

"It's my brother isn't it?"

"What!! No, never!! He's just my best friend, that's that!",

"It's..erm..M-Malfoy"

Ginny's eyes grew wide and looked over to Harry who was already crying, she couldn't bear to scream at him for liking Malfoy so instead, she pulled Harry in for a hug and muttered a few comforting words.

Minutes have passed and they now pulled away from the hug, Ginny wiping Harry's tears.

"Hey it's okay Harry, it's okay"

Harry gave a weak smile to Ginny and she smiled back, "You still wanna go to the Yule Ball with me?"

Ginny nodded and hugged Harry once again, he shouldn't feel this way just because he was different, he shouldn't be constricted just because he isn't like other guys.
_____________________

Harry stood by Ron and Hermione whilst waiting for his 'date'. He finally saw Ginny and accompanied her on the stairs,

"M'lady?", he said arching his arm so Ginny can lock his arm around his.

They both giggled and strutted in the most exaggerated way possible, they couldn't be serious at all with the fact that Harry was gay. They went over to their other friends and Ginny excused herself to get some drinks.

"So how's the whole gay thing going on for you?", said Ron who was obviously too awkward for the topic. Hermione slapped his arm and whispered, "That's not how you converse with gay people!".

Harry overheard them and laughed, "It's okay 'Mione. The whole gay thing is working quite well, though I haven't met the man of my dreams", they all chuckled until someone cleared their throat, it was Ginny.

"Harry come over for a second?"

He nodded and walked over to her, "What's up?"

She had a huge grin on her mouth and Harry tilted his head in confusion. She grabbed an arm from behind her and pulled it so that the person was in front of them, Harry widened his eyes and he could feel his cheeks burning hot.

"Hey", Draco said in a very very seductive voice.

Harry winced and Ginny just walked away slowly with a smirk on her face, he looked at her with 'I'm going to kill you, I swear' eyes but she just giggled. He breathed heavily and locked eyes with Draco, the blonde inched closer and closer each second to the other boy until they were close enough to feel the other's breath. Harry got a glimpse of the other students surrounding them, looking at them with disgust, he grew very anxious.

"Excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom"

He sprinted out of the hall and into the hallways trying to find the nearest bathroom, why must this school be so confusing and huge! He finally found it and rushed inside looking at his reflection on the mirror.

"Damn it, I should not have told Ginny that", He washed his face and looked at the mirror again, seeing Draco at the background. He had glassy eyes and Harry knew he was about to cry.

"I'm gonna leave, sorry if you didn't want me here", Draco managed to choke out before he bolted out the doors.

"Shit", Harry whispered to himself and chased Draco. He eyed Draco and called for him over and over but Draco didn't stop. Harry pushed himself faster to catch up to Draco, he finally had the chance to grab the blonde's arm before he could go up the stairs, he looked at his beautiful silver eyes and pulled him into a passionate kiss. They both melted into it and forgot they were there for the whole school to see, not that they cared. The two slowly pulled away, their cheeks flushed with pink and a huge smile,

"You look like an idiot, Dray"

"Shut up, Potter"

They shared a laugh and pulled in for a kiss once again, this time the crowd was in full support and clapped their hands towards the two. Their friends had smiles and 'awe's for the two who'd finally found each other at last.

"Wanna have this dance?", Draco reached his hand out for Harry to take.

"Yes, I would enjoy that", he got a hold of Draco's hand and they danced the night away.