Imagine 12: Jojen ~ Lifeline (Part 4)

{Jojen's POV}
I sat next to Bran waiting impatiently for Y/N and Meera. I couldn't help but think something had happened to them. I really loved Y/N But I couldn't think of a way to tell her. She was special and I couldn't forgive myself if something happened to her. I was beginning to get impatient and, eventually, I just stood up and started pacing around the camp frantically. Bran had clearly noticed my worry about them as he started to speak...
"Hey, Jojen. Are you okay?" He asked with concern laced in his voice. I swiftly took a seat beside him order to calm myself, but I couldn't as my legs kept rapidly shaking.
"Huh? Oh, I'm worried about them. What if they don't come back?" I questioned.
"I promise you Jojen, they'll come back. Meera's a tough girl." He stated with trust in them.
"Its not just Meera." I mumbled, not realising he actually heard me.
"Wait... Y/N?" He began, "Why're you worried about Y/N?" He asked with curiosity.
"Because I love her!" I whisper-shouted in his ear frustratedly in fear of Osha hearing.
"Wait. You love Y/N?" Bran asked a little too loud for my liking.
"Yes, now can we please not talk about that, I need to know they're okay." I stated simply.
"Okay, they'll be back soon, I'm sure." He finished as it remained silent after that.
We sat for a good half an hour waiting for the two girls to arrive back at camp, and as we did, my impatience and worry kept increasing at a rapid pace, causing me to begin pacing again as I was before. However, it all stopped when I heard a familiar voice call out...
"Jojen! Bran!" It was Meera. I immediately paused in my tracks before snapping my head in the direction of the sound. As I did, I saw a struggling Meera emerge from the woods whilst carrying a limp Y/N in her arms. My heart stopped. As I was standing not sure of what was going on, my body turned into Fight or Flight mode and I began to sprint towards Meera. It took a second to realise what was going on but when I did, I sped up my pace, my heart breaking from the view of Y/N looking half-dead.
"What happened Meera!?!" I questioned immediately as I caught up to her.
"I-I'm not sure, I was walking round the woods looking for Y/N and when I found her, a wildling had a knife to her neck, with blood pouring down it. She was conscious as I started carrying her, but then she collapsed in my arms so I tried to get back here as quick as possible." She explained.
"Right, let me take her, you must be exhausted, let Osha know I'm coming, okay?" I explained and she nodded in response before sprinting back to the camp.

{Your POV}
I laid awake in my bed, pondering on what might happen tomorrow. I got side-tracked in my thoughts until a voice downstairs startled me,
"Find the parents and get the daughters." The voice ordered sternly. I immediately shot up from my bed as I heard them. This was definitely not normal, I would be known if it was. I began to panic as I realised they were on about me and my sister, as well as my parents. I did have a brother However, but he lived somewhere north of the walls, somewhere no one like me would dare to go. I didn't try to worry to much, as I remembered that my mum made a protocol for these type of situations and that was to escape through the vast tunnel system that snaked all throughout my house...
I stood up and place on a smart top with some black trousers and a belt, I figured if we were to be escaping, I wouldn't want to try running in my dresses. Once I did that, I tied my hair in a ponytail and lifted up the portrait of my grandmother on the east wall before climbing into the hole that his behind it. I swiftly lifted the portrait and placed it back so the people who broke in couldn't find me. I continued to crawl until I came upon the living room and came across my mum and dad tied up in chairs whilst my toddler sister was being restrained in one of the men's arms. Another man pushed through the doors of the room, almost immediately after I started looking.
"I'm sorry Sir, the other daughter isn't here." They stated. One man, probably the one in-charge had a very frustrated look on his face, whilst I spotted my parents smirking, knowing that I got away.
I continued to watch and eventually, the man in-charge spoke,
"Kill them all." He ordered. I snapped my head away not wanting to see their fates, though I could still hear the crying of my sister and screams coming from my mum. It all went silent. I built up my courage and turned my head in the direction of the room, there lay my mum, dad and sister a lying limp on the floor. My life was over. I had no one left. My family was murdered.
Immediately, I frantically crawled through the tunnels as I couldn't face the guilt that laid within my heart and I left my home, never to return again...
My eyes shot open. I was met with the concerned faces of Jojen, Osha, Rickon and Meera. I looked to my left and saw his or sat with Bran, whilst on my left Summer and Shaggydog laid.
"W-What happened?" I asked to no one in particular.
"You were attacked by a wildling. They cut your neck." Meera explained.
"Really?" I asked, shocked. Meera nodded her head to confirm.
"Could I have a minute with Y/N alone please?" Jojen asked whilst looking to the others. They nodded in agreement, though I could see that Osha was still unsure, but she couldn't stop it as Meet a grabbed her hand and pulled her away.
"Jojen..." I began, but stopped as my voice sounded hoarse.
"Y/N, Osha said not to speak too much, it would help your throat heal quicker..." he started as he had a look in which I could tell he needed to say something, but was unsure about it. I nodded, trying to get him to continue.
"Y/N... there is no easy way to say this but I... well, I... umm... ugh! I don't know how to say this!" He exclaimed in frustration. My face changed to show concern and he clearly noticed so he continued...
"I'm sorry, it's just... well I... look, you are such and amazing and brave girl, you are the definition of perfect. They way your H/L H/C flows in the wind makes the sun beam off of it as well as the way it reflects in your E/C orbs. Any guy would be lucky just to know you so I'm just going to go ahead and say it. I-I love you Y/N." He explained. I sat there dumbfounded as I tried to take it all in. I think I loved him too but I always tried to shut any of those feelings away but with Jojen I couldn't, he was the one and though I hate to admit it, I was going to say the words I never thought I would say to anyone...
"I-I love... you... too..." I managed to croak out. In an instant, Jojen wrapped his arms around my waist as he pulled his lips to mine. The were so soft and it just felt right, they way they move in sync was just perfect and I could never imagine being with anyone else right at this point as this confirmed my beliefs that he was the one. We kept moving together, my hands eventually made their way to his neck whilst I tugged on the soft, dirty blonde hairs that laid on the back of his neck. Eventually we both pulled away for air, both of us panting for air after being absorbed in our loving kiss. We sat there for a few moments just holding each other tightly, till Jojen spoke.
"You know, I will never stop loving you and I will make sure I protect you as long as I live." He stated.
"I know... I will... love you endlessly... and unconditionally... too... I will always... remain by your side..." I croaked out before drifting off into a peaceful sleep...