Imagine 8: Whitey ~The River

{Your POV}
I was tying up all the different containers on my horse ready to go do my washing when I realised I left a whole baskets worth in my house. Unfortunately, for me, it was down the other end of town, so I started running a little as I didn't want to be too long since I knew my mother would be waiting. You're probably wondering why I was doing the washing instead of her, well, they day of the accident, my mother was nearby and when it occurred, her legs got crushed by a boulder that landed on her. She was lucky to survive but it did mean that she could never walk again, let alone ride a horse. As I was running down the street, I accidently bumped into someone...
"Oh my, I'm so sorry, I was in a rush and I-" I started, but was cut off by that oh so sweet voice.
"Mornin' Miss (Y/n). D'ya need a hand?" Whitey asked as he offered out his hand.
"Mornin' to ya too Whitey. And yes, that would be very appreciated." I answered as I got a hold on his hand and he pulled me up.
"Thank you." I said in appreciation.
"No problem. How come ya in such a rush then? Huh." He asked.
"Well, I was supposed to take the washing down to the river but I left a basket at home and was off to get it." I explained.
"I could come help ya." He offered.
"Oh no, that's okay Whitey. Sheriff's probably wonderin' where ya are." I explained.
"No, I insist." He stated as he grabbed my hand and started walking back down the street.
"Are you sure? I don't want ya getting in trouble." I was quick to ask.
"I assure ya Miss (Y/n), it'll be perfectly fine." He assured me.
"Okay, as long as you're okay with it." I stated. He pulled me a bit more until we were, again, running down the street.
Eventually, we reached my house so I swiftly opened the door...
"Hey mum." I greeted as I walked inside.
"Hello darlin' how come ya back so early?" She asked.
"Oh, I left a basket here but Whitey came to help me with the washin'" I explained.
"Oh hello Whitey." She greeted as he walked in the room.
"Mornin' Mrs (Y/l/n)." He greeted back.
"That's very sweet of ya, offering to help out." My mum complimented.
"Well, there's no issue. Plus, it'll get done quicker that way." He explained.
"Well, thanks again Whitey. You two should be heading off now, shouldn't ya?" My mum stated.
"Ok, c'mon, let's go now Whitey." I stated as I took his hand and started to leave. "Bye mum!" I quickly shouted.
"Its was nice to see ya Mrs (Y/l/n)!" White added quickly. We walked in a comfortable silence as, being in this town meant that there wasn't much gossip going on but it was sweet as we got to enjoy time together and the wonderful sounds of nature.

Thomas Sangster ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara