Chapter 11: You Are Only Young Once

Start from the beginning

"But I thought we were supposed to help Mabel, don't you want your sister back?" you reasoned. Dipper didn't budge.

"Pines is good enough for me."

"What?"

"I'm pretty sure if Pines was supposed to be Southeast, she wouldn't be using my credit card," he said simply, putting a pillow under his head and closing his eyes.

Again, Dipper seemed to have jammed your quick-witted nature, it seems that everything he says would always leave you questioning what a useless guy he was.

"I'll take that as an agreement too, are you hungry? In the mood for a picnic?" he continued.

"You're sister is in another dimension and...you want to eat?"

"My sister can wait."

"You're acting like a kid."

"I am one."

"You are 18!"

"And you're 60, quit lecturing, Grandma, I'll do my work later."

You opened your mouth to say something back can't seem to find the right words.

"We have time, (Y/N), we aren't even an adult yet you're acting like one," he added.

"You don't need to be an adult to know how to prioritise, getting your sister back should be your priority," you lectured.

"It is, but we are still young, having fun is always our top priority," he stood up and walked to you, "we should be outside, running, playing and dancing."

With one swift move, he held your hand and spun you around before dipping you.

"What the hell are you doing? Let me go!"

"Oh, okay," he said and let go of you, letting you fall onto the floor. It didn't really hurt as the floor was covered by soft carpet.

"What was that for?"

"Fun."

"I pity Mabel for having to live with such a jerk."

"You should pity me, I have to pay for all her bills."

"You know what? If you have such a stone cold heart, I'm going to help Mabel myself," you said with determination and picked up his journal from his bed, "how hard can it be?"

You opened the journal and flipped through its pages, it was page after page of creatures, mystical legands that you haven't heard of.

"These aren't real...are they?" the creatures inside looked really threatening.

Dipper didn't answer, he just stood there, frozen.

"Hello?"

Silence.

"Um...why aren't you answering?"

"You said I had a stone cold heart, it reminded me of statues so I decided to be one," he answered plainly.

After so many years, you finally understood why your aunt kept complaining of her sons being immature.

You must have had an annoyed look on your face because Dipper said, "I'm sorry, Grandma. Don't be mad, it is bad for your health."

"Can you cut it out!"

"Look, Grandma"

"Stop calling me Grandma!"

"Ok, sorry. Look, I only have 2 years before turning into an adult, I want to have fun while I still can. If that's bothering you, I'm sorry," he said.

That sounded familiar...

Flashback
"I want to have fun while I still can. If that's bothering you, I'm sorry," you gave him a phony bow.

"Quit playing around, I need to tell you something," he said weakly, still as patient as ever. He gave you a weak smile.

"You're too serious, I'm leaving!" you said, running away.

"Wait!"

You ran out playfully.

That's when I heard it, a long, deafening beep emitting from the room.

"Bro?" curious, you walked in, he was lying on his bed, still as ever. His eyes closed.

"Bro? You okay?" you asked, going to his side and shaking him by his arm, he was ice cold. He remained where he was. You felt yourself tear up as realization hit you like a sledgehammer...

"Stop playing with me! It isn't funny!"

Wasn't that what you wanted? To play?

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Welp, that's one way to end a chapter. Anyways, THIS STORY REACHED 300 VIEWS!!! YAY!!!

Ok, hope you enjoyed the chapter, I'll see you in a week or so with the next chapter, BUH BYE.