Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume (Happy Cafe on the 3rd Street) (Manga) [spoilers!]

Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume, as known as Happy Cafe on the Third Street, is a shoujo manga written and illustrated by the quirky Matsuzuki Kou.

I started reading this manga about a week ago, it was requested by a friend of mine. I've been addicted to it and was hesitant to read it today, because I knew I would finish it, as when I get to the last 10 chapters I have to read them all at once - it simply won't do if I don't.

I really love this manga because just like it's title 'Happy' or 'Bonheur' I could not stop smiling while reading it, in between reading it and anytime I thought about it.  It gave me this 'eeepp' feeling. I think this is one of the funniest manga/anime I've ever experienced, it really is unique - the faces the characters pull are priceless. 

For a manga, it is quite long (82 chapters) which I'm all for, I don't like ending manga, especially is it's good. For me, my favourite character has to be Ichirou, by far. Usually with manga and anime I can tell which guy the girl will fall for, and I stick to that guy and encourage their relationship, and I did do that for this story, but Uru has SO MANY guys that are interested in her it's ridiculous. Almost every guy that meets her, loves her in some way or another. But for me, I wouldn't have minded if Uru ended up with Ichirou or Shindou, because Ichirou is so damn adorable (kawaii!) 

Abekawa Sou is one of those guys that is in love with Uru, and to be honest, I didn't really like him - not that I didn't like his character, it's just he got a bit annoying at times and frankly pitiful, but he was fun. On the other hand I LOVE his brother, Kashiwa, soo flirty, just like his father ;) I also love the fact that every time Uru and Sakura saw each other their eyes would sparkle and nek minit they are in some weird position :'D 

There were quite a few twists to do with people's relations to each other. For example how Abekawa Sou fell in love with Ichirou when they were tiny, that was soo funny. And how Abekawa Sou's father tried to hit on Uru and then later we found out that he knew Shindou's mother. The biggest twist was that Sakuraba was Shindou's dad! When his mother told Uru that Shindou's father was unaware of his existence, I went through my mind thinking who might it be, it has to be someone we've seen, I thought for a minute that it might be Sakuraba, but I shortly rejected that idea. So when Chitose and Sakuraba went to the same party it connected and I was like "WHOOAAA" I kind of chucked the device I was reading it on, but OMG it is soo weird because Sakuraba made moves on Uru and Uru loves Shindou who is his son... 

I have to admit that I was NOT satisfied with the ending of the manga, it may just be because it's different to what I'm used to, but it's not because most anime I experience, I'm not satisfied with the ending. Don't get me wrong, the ending was beautiful, but it took SO long to get there. There was background knowledge on about every character introduced - which I'm not complaining - but there was barely any time for development between Shindou and Uru, it all happened in the last couple of chapters and they didn't even kiss!! I feel like if there was a few more chapters or at least an epilogue of some sort then I would be satisfied, but there wasn't, and there was a big 3 year gap between Shindou leaving for Paris and getting back and it was 'covered' in about two pages. I did have a bit of a meltdown - I threw my phone, make an irregular noise and collapsed on the ground, much like Ichirou (maybe I was just hungry?)  

Speaking of which, I just love how Matsuzuki came up with the history behind Ichirou's sleeping dilemma; she made something so cynical become rather serious for a moment and then it became humorous again once everything was settled. And while I'm on the topic of Ichirou, I feel like Ichirou made the most heartfelt sacrifice - he loved Uru so much that he let her go I quote "I love you, Uru. But right now who is in your heart?..." "I am the type of person to give up everything for the girl I love." And he still manages to make a joke saying "I just might force you to be my girlfriend." 

I did later find out that I missed a few pages (the appendix) which made me feel a little better, as I found out a little more of what happened to most of the characters. If only I saw the appendix earlier! >:O 

Overall I really did love Shiawase Kissa 3 choume, there were a lot of meaningful lessons in there and it was such a playful aura, I would definitely read it again for funsies. Bonheur for life!! Go read it!