Attack on Titan ~Shingeki no Kyojin (Anime) [spoilers]

As you can tell by the title, I have finally brought myself to watch that anime that everyone's been on about recently: Attack on Titan

Now I've known about this anime for quite longer than the hype. A couple years ago my friend showed me the first episode, and I never touched it again until about two weeks ago. More and more of my friends have been getting obsessed with it and I finally have had the time to watch more anime. I don't usually watch anime like Attack on Titan, romance and comedy are my home, but I've decided to venture out and watch some different kinds of anime, and what better to start with than this EPIC, intense, insane and beautiful one.

Let's do a little intro:-

Started: 20th June
Finished: 26th June

Okay so there's this place somewhere in the world that is surrounded by massive walls that were made a hundred or so years ago to keep this "new enemy" out. Oh course these "new enemies" are the 'titans' - these giant naked man-like (I say naked but they have no genitals) masses of flesh, legs and muscles. They like to eat humans for fun and the humans just can't win against them. The story focuses on this kid named Eren and his 'sister' Mikasa and the morbidity that surrounds them.
There is death. So much death. And all you can do is say "IT'S NOT FAIR"
The thing about this story is that despite the fact that Titans, as far as we know, are not real, the battles that each character goes through are the most realistic. Maybe it's just because I've been so used to One Piece and FairyTail where nobody dies. But it's so realistic in a war of humans against a force that is much greater and stronger.
But with being this kind of realistic, the anime left me with a depressing feeling more than anything. You have no faith in the characters! Even the main character, it seemed like he was dead in the first few episodes! Whenever they introduce characters or place more emphasis on them, straight away I'm like "they're going to die." It's inevitable. I'm not gonna lie there's a couple times where I falsely called a death, like I thought that Armin was going to be killed right off the bat, but he wasn't. I guess you really just don't know, you don't have that faith that allows you to say "nah, he or she won't die."
Knowing me, I like to jump on the tiniest hint of romance, and it often leaves me in a bad position. Mikasa and Eren seem like they're brother and sister but as we find out more, we realize that it's more than that, at least for Mikasa. But that's about it, that bond between them that keeps them going.
I also leapt onto another hint of romance that didn't end well at all, I mean I didn't leap onto it until it was too late - I didn't really get the chance to. I'm talking about Levi here. Now everyone is crazy about Levi, I don't know exactly why, I know that he's just such a cool character. But he is cold for the most part, it's when he shows a kinder side, a side that shows that he isn't impenetrable, that I realize he's actually an attractive character xD Poor Levi. We didn't get to know Petra and his team a great deal, but we knew enough for it to hurt to kill them. It was subtle but we could tell that he loved Petra, but after watching the extra episodes about Levi, we know that he's already dealt a mount of grief. Anyways Levi is just so cute and I can't wait to see more of him.
Speaking of more, I really don't know how to feel about the end. I was actually expecting to move straight onto the next season, but to my dismay, that is not out yet ;_;
To be honest I was actually disappointed and quite perplexed that that was it! I thought it was going to have a much more epic twist to it. I want to know more! I want to know what's in that basement, how the hell did these Titans just suddenly become a thing 100 years ago- were they made by humans or something?
I hoping that all this will be revealed in the next season (or in the manga) but I honestly thought it was already out because I'm late to the boat (^_^;)

Overall this was a crazy journey and definitely left me with a different feeling than usual - not necessarily a good one though :3

If you're one of those people who haven't given in to the hype yet, I encourage you to at least try it, watched a couple episodes and see if you get hooked. :)

Bye bye (^-^)/