Manga: Hoshi Wa Utau (Twinkle Stars) [Spoilers]

I just finished reading this manga (Twinkle Stars) yesterday. It was ongoing until recently where Natsuki Takaya (the author) completed it. I doubt many people would have read this, but it's still holds a place in my story.

I have to compliment Natsuki Takaya, I have also read and watched her Manga/anime Fruits Basket (I will do a entry about that story as well) and I am absolutely IN LOVE with how unique her story writing is and how innocent and meaningful, yet dark they are. I am tempted to journey into the story of Fruits Basket, but that is for another time. Not to mention her beautiful artistic talent. 

I can't say I quite bonded with Twinkle Stars as much as I have with Fruits Basket, but it truly is a beautiful story. It hasn't been made into an anime YET. It very well could be made into one, but I haven't researched into it, so don't get your hopes up too high 

Let me talk about the characters. Sakuya Shiina, also known as 'Saku' is the main female character, who is much like Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket taking on her innocent and strong willed side. Sakuya, along with many of the other characters, grew up in a very unpleasant household, in her case she was with a stepmother that talked to her like she was a peice of trash; psychologically abused her, and her father didn't do anything to stop it. She moved in with her cousin, Kanade who is older and also was emotionally forced out of his own home. They slowly bonded with Sakuya's passion for stars and positive attitude. Kanade became like a fatherly figure to Saku. 

Anyways, I will go no longer into the history of the characters, you can go to wikipedia for that. Usually with anime and manga that involves at least one romatic interest for the key female character, I go towards the guy I personally like and fall in love with him as the girl does, but this time I didn't. Chihiro Aoi is a deep, dark and complicated character, and I never got the chance to 'love' him. And as the story went on it was unclear whether Saku would really end up with him, because Chihiro had his heart held by his previous relationship with Sakura that never really ended. And that relationship is the very touching side to the story. I didn't know what to expect with this manga, it was so hard for Chihiro to let go of Sakura, but he fell for Sakuya. 

Although the main romance is complicated, I was immediately drawn to Hijiri's (Sakuya's Best friend) love story with her 'butler' Saki, whom she found on the street. It is a love hate relationship, but I was constantly rooting for them, and thank goodness they did stay together :3 When I read that they got married I was so happy, Saki is too adorable. But I would have loved to see that wedding :') 

The way Sakuya looks at the stars and refers to how they 'sing' for her is the key to of the story. At the end when she reveals that the stars are really just a symbol of the important people around her, I couldn't help but smile. I have had a stronger interest in the stars since reading this story. They really do sing! (twinkle) 

I feel like the way that this story ended, was really the best way Natsuki could have done it. Showing how Sakura finds her way back to health and clear mindedness and can finally let go of Chihiro and live for herself. What is even more heart renching is the fact that Yuuri (Saku's other friend) is the soul who connected the dots (or should I say stars) in the end and arranged for Chihiro to be with Sakuya. Yuuri fought his own love for Saku to fulfill hers. 

Now if Yuuri still doesn't have someone, I will gladly take that place! 

Overall it is so amazing how everything happens so that everyone is set free. 

Now you can all go and look at the stars and hear them sing! c;

I will leave some links if you haven't read this manga and still want to. I highly suggest that you do, it really is a touching story. I use Mangahere.co to read manga online. 

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/hoshi_wa_utau/