29

As she shut the door of her and Draco's room she broke down.

She hated it. She hated the sense of power that flowed through her body when she had casted the killing spell. The sense of evil that swam through her veins. In that moment she felt different, a stranger in her own body. After the quick overwhelm of emotions, she just felt nausea.

She was just bad as the others, there was no evidence of her having morals or being simply a good person. She had a dark mark on her arm and she had already killed someone.

Her breathing became choppy and all could think about was the moment where the women closed her eyes and accepted her faith. That moment where when the curse left her mouth she heard the women whisper 'I love you' like she was talking to her family right in front of her.

Hermione could never forget when the green light hit the fragile women's body and she fell onto the hard cold floor. Gone, just like that.

She heard the door creek open and quickly grabbed a book on the night stand to cover up her face. If a death eater saw her, what would they think?

"Hermione, love. Are you okay?" Draco asked. Hermione closed her eyes relieved, but she still held up here book wanting to be alone.

"Ya, uh I'm.. I'm fine" she replied her voice still quivering.
"Are you sure?" He asked, making a single escape her watery eyes. This was what she needed, comfort and love right now. As much as she beloved that she didn't deserve it, her body yearned for a warm body next to hers.

"I don't think the Hermione I know would read her book upside down" he smirked his voice laced with amusement. Hermione gasped and flipped the book in embarrassment. She sighed and slowly lowered the book, revealing her red puffy eyes.

"Can you come lay with me?" Hermione asked innocently. Draco nodded and walked towards her bed, taking the book out of her grasp and putting it on the bedside table.

Hermione stared at the ceiling, her head still swarming of the image of the women.

"Are you okay Draco? I'm so sorry that I have been so selfish lately, I mean I keep forgetting that you're going through the same things as I am. Everyday I cry and whine instead of asking how you are, I'm really sorry" Hermione whispered, placing her head on his arm, making the scent of mint invade her nostrils.

"Hermione Gaunt being selfish? Never! You don't have to be sorry for any-"

"No, I have been-" Hermione started by was cut off my warm lips on hers. She closed her eyes and kissed back before removing her lips from his and continuing her sentence.

"I have been because all I have been thinking"
"Hermione" Draco said, but she ignored him, continuing her sentence.

"About myself and I haven't even asked how you feel of if you're okay on what just-" Hermione was again cut off by hands on her cheeks lifting her head up a little to meet his.

He laughed as his eyes met her warm ones making Hermione confused.
"What are you laughing at?"
"Well, kisses are meant to distract you and to make you stop talking because right now you have absolutely nothing to apologize for" Draco started.

"Hermione, you've got to stop feeling bad about everything. It's okay to be sad and it's okay to be selfish sometimes. And even if I'm going through the same thing as you, I am willingly comforting you so don't feel as if you're being selfish because I promise you, you aren't" Draco said rubbing circles on her right cheek with his thumb.

"Okay" Hermione answered,laying her head his chest.
"Then can you lay with me for a little while?" Hermione asked.
"Of course love" Draco smirked wrapping his arms protectively around her.